cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
goldmankind
Aspiring Expert
Message 621 of 2,146

Re: Monstrous new BT email upgrade

The option safe sender is still not in the More drop down list even when viewing from the inbox. Maybe it shows when not in None view. All I know is it only works going to Mail settings

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 622 of 2,146

I have checked in the Chrome, Edge, Opera and Firefox browsers using the Preview right, Preview Below and No Preview and the "safe sender" works as I described in message 612.

Which browser are you using?

0 Ratings
goldmankind
Aspiring Expert
Message 623 of 2,146

Chrome, Going down the list of emails in the Inbox it appears that the safe sender option is there after Flag and some it isn't and goes from Flag to Domain in the More list.

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 624 of 2,146

Don't know why that would be happening with you. Every email I have checked in my list the "safe sender" option appears.

0 Ratings
Oddbodkin
Aspiring Expert
Message 625 of 2,146

This is getting worse.

I click on an email & it either opens the one under it, or makes the page jump up by several lines - that's WHEN it finally gets round to logging me in...

Jules68
Expert
Message 626 of 2,146

I hate to give the new system its due, but apart from not allowing certain obvious symbols into its naming structure (i.e. '&') its method of handling and renaming folders is actually an improvement on Yahoo's. And it will allow you to retain an '&' in an existing name, just not rename with it in or use it from the start. That indeed is the only justification I can see for the 'improvement' claim. And in the scale of things, pretty lame. I'm a 'housekeeping' obsessive, but most aren't, I've found. You want quick and crisp opening of messages, you don't want to have to specify search paths (if I've lost an email it means I don't know where it is). And when you delete or move a message you don't want its text still sitting there until you open another one and it (slowly) refreshes the read box to the new message. That never used to happen in the Yahoo variant! (This may just be a Chrome issue).
Bloodnock
Aspiring Contributor
Message 627 of 2,146

Superfast broadband with superslow email.....that's quiet an acheivement by BT

Jules68
Expert
Message 628 of 2,146

What's quite annoying (now that I am using Thunderbird as a client, which works well if slightly old fashioned in its look and feel) is that I keep having to use the BT Web Mail to find and repoint wrongly allocated SPAM (i.e. stuff which isn't SPAM and which used to get through). Although the client allows me to retrieve it from SPAM I have to use the BT Web Mail pages to identify it as a safe sender, otherwise it will keep on posting further messages to SPAM. If it 'learned' from being told it's not SPAM (other e-mail services seem to enable this) it wouldn't be such a problem. And why it thinks anything from Amazon UK is SPAM beats me. It's almost perverse. As if BT was competing with Amazon... oh, but for TV services its is!
Jules68
Expert
Message 629 of 2,146

I put 'stores-news@amazon.co.uk' into safe senders, but apparently 'stores_news@amazon.co.uk' is still suspect and slammed into SPAM. I now have had to mark up as 'safe' 10 separate email addresses all ending @Amazon.co.uk - granted that's a lot of different addresses Amazon is using but still...
0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 630 of 2,146

Would it not have been easier to add the Amazon domain (*Amazon.co.uk) rather than individual email addresses.

As per the "safe sender" page:-

"You can approve an email address (e.g. name@example.com) or a domain (e.g. *@example.com)".

0 Ratings