cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DawnThomo
Aspiring Contributor
Message 641 of 2,146

Re: Monstrous new BT email upgrade

I posted the original problem on this thread half thinking it was just me. I'm strangely reassured to find it's not. As there's been no improvement and as my email is, if anything, slower than it was, I've just set up a new email with a different provider. 

Jules68
Expert
Message 642 of 2,146

"As there's been no improvement and as my email is, if anything, slower than it was, I've just set up a new email with a different provider. "

You must ask yourself whether that's not what BT wants - drive enough people off the service and you can close it down. Email for BT is all cost and no ha'pence - so 'losing' the service makes practical and strategic sense. BT will 'sell on' its email customers to a third party provider - probably with assurances that it's the best option for all and 'an improvement'. It may even sell-on the @btintermet.com domain name for email, so we won't even have to change our e-mail addresses. And the people they sell us on to will aim either to charge (why not?) or to market stuff to us.
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 643 of 2,146

@Jules68 wrote:
"As there's been no improvement and as my email is, if anything, slower than it was, I've just set up a new email with a different provider. "

You must ask yourself whether that's not what BT wants - drive enough people off the service and you can close it down. Email for BT is all cost and no ha'pence - so 'losing' the service makes practical and strategic sense. BT will 'sell on' its email customers to a third party provider - probably with assurances that it's the best option for all and 'an improvement'. It may even sell-on the @btintermet.com domain name for email, so we won't even have to change our e-mail addresses. And the people they sell us on to will aim either to charge (why not?) or to market stuff to us.

Why would they go to all that bother when all they need to do is make an announcement that they will no longer be providing an email service with their broadband packages from  xxxx date and you need to move your email to another email service. 

0 Ratings
Jules68
Expert
Message 644 of 2,146

And why do you think they won't, having prepared us all so we'll say 'we'll it was a pretty rotten service anyway'? But it would still generate more ill will. Better to hand us over like plucked chickens. And make us feel grateful they've found a home for us. And get some return on their investment. Companies will pay for customers.
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 645 of 2,146

I love a good conspiracy so keep up the good work! 

Bowlingman
Aspiring Contributor
Message 646 of 2,146

This only works if you've already moved the message from Spam to Inbox, would seem sensible to have the option available when looking at spam messages (that shouldn't be there). Why on 28 June did all messages from this Community suddenly get directed to Spam when they had always come to my inbox. I use Thuderbird and only check webmail for the spam folder.

Bowlingman
Aspiring Contributor
Message 647 of 2,146

Sorry for any confusion, I was replying to message 621 regarding "safe sender" option not being available from the "more" menu when checking spam emails.

0 Ratings
Oddbodkin
Aspiring Expert
Message 648 of 2,146

I can now add another bug to the ever growing list of reasons why BT email is unfit for use.

Tried to go from my drafts folder to my inbox & couldn't, as the pointer started flickering every time I moved it over the inbox button & clicks wouldn't work.

Was this whole thing put together by some sort of con artist, who managed to persuade BT he could do it for half the cost of anyone else?

Come ON BT; either fix it, revert to the Yahoo version or pay compensation for failing to provide an adequate service.

Bloodnock
Aspiring Contributor
Message 649 of 2,146

Well said Oddbodkin, any of three but preferably let's have it fixed as well as some compo.

BillyMurdoch
Contributor
Message 650 of 2,146

Compensation -  why didn't I think of that?50p per e mail for 6 years worth of zapped sent mails might do it