cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stephen5000
Expert
Message 661 of 2,146

Re: Monstrous new BT email upgrade

I've had this address since 1994, so well over 20 years! Unfortunately, I access from more than one 'device' so WebMail is the only option for me. I can't really install Thunderbird on a shared PC. I have a few 'addresses' secondary to my primary one who are still running off the 'old' style email server. One of them 3 months ago lost all access whatsoever to my photos, 25 years worth!

Changing email providers is impractical, I couldn't even count the number of sources I have that refer to this email address, that's what happens when you get old!

Besides, 6 years ago BT forced me to pay £5/month for the privilege of keeping my address, so I'm kinda held to ransom already!

I accept that BT is cr*p, but they always seem to find a new way to irritate the heck out of me. I wonder what tomorrow will bring LOL
TG99
Beginner
Message 662 of 2,146

Hi DawnThomo …  How about Matt Allright on Watchdog on BBC1.  They're always up for a challenge. Might even get featured on prime time TV. 

HB5
Beginner
Message 663 of 2,146

Good idea!
AlanF49
Contributor
Message 664 of 2,146

BT Group's chief executive Philip Jansen can be contacted.

Philip - which are your contributions on here?! And what rules have you set, or does everything go into spam?

Are you even aware of the carnage caused by your organisation? This has been going on for at least 18 months with, seemingly, NO attempt to fix issues. And what has happened for the last 6+ years? Refunds?

PS maybe you could ask your man Sean to give an occasional update as he has not commented - too difficult? - to my message 588 of June 28th at

https://community.bt.com/t5/Email/Monstrous-new-BT-email-upgrade/td-p/2052978/page/59 

licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 665 of 2,146

@AlanF49 wrote:

Jansen's email can be found via a simple search 'CEO BT'.

Indeed it can, and you could just have posted that rather than breaking forum rules and posting an email address. Neither is it very clever to re-edit what a mod has removed for breaking forum rules.

Oddbodkin
Aspiring Expert
Message 666 of 2,146

It's not very clever for BT to introduce a flawed, useless email system either. Perhaps BT ought to spend some energy fixing it & that way, nobody will (rightfully) be wanting to flood the CEO's inbox with complaints.

Of course he'll probably never see them if he's using BT email...

goldmankind
Aspiring Expert
Message 667 of 2,146

Was BT Community created so BT management could hide cowering under their desks in their Ivory Towers ?

The community have been useful in the past when sorting out issue like over charging and poor speeds, when phoning Hanif in Mumbai who was clueless.

Community can't sort this out though and it's time someone from BT stopped cowering under his desk and manned up and made a statement/ apology to what's being done 

Jules68
Expert
Message 668 of 2,146

Well, today BT Mail put one item into SPAM from a sender already identified as a safe sender - and also put an email from my wife - whose e-mail is actually on the same account as mine - into SPAM. So the system won't read its own instructions - and this means I am constantly having to check SPAM! For legitimate and identified safe senders. If I was paying anything for it (it comes with the rations with my broadband package) this clearly wouldn't be 'fit for purpose' under sales of goods legislation.

I should add that, at the very least, BT should stop cutting over accounts into this dreadful system until they can get it working. Close to 700 messages should be enough to tell them it's not working.  We're now in a complete mess, of course, but BT could, by simple inaction, stop others suffering the same pains.

Bloodnock
Aspiring Contributor
Message 669 of 2,146

Aye, it rather defeats the main reason for having a spam filter when you have to sift through spam to find legitimate mail items that should have went to the Inbox,  they may as well have not bothered with a spam box at all and let you filter all the mail in the inbox manually because of the spam box's shortcomings and poor performance.

Bloodnock
Aspiring Contributor
Message 670 of 2,146

Re: BT web mail log in

Another issue I'm having is receiving BT Community Messages which I cant read, when I try to read them I get the following message in a red box that reads:

"You do not have sufficient privileges for this resource or its parent to perform this action.

Click your browser's Back button to continue."

Why bother sending me things from BT Community members I can't read?, Why's it happening?.

Does anyone else get these and whats the cause and whats the cure?