Message 701 of 2,146

Re: Monstrous new BT email upgrade

Yes and I have said so in this thread.

0 Ratings
goldmankind
Aspiring Expert
Message 702 of 2,146

I say that I dont have any real issues  because im able to work round them  an email taking 20 seconds to open isnt an issue for me but it is for some people and its the less fortunate that I feel their pain and anguish

0 Ratings
jonpro
Beginner
Message 703 of 2,146

Hi - I just want to concur on how appalling the New B.T. Mail is.

I agree that NO ONE Properly trialled it. I honestly can't see how a so called Reputable Company like B.T. Could release it.

It is full of basic faults and the layout and design is awful. Hardly 21st Century.

You can't even directly e mail a contact from your contact address book.

Also when transferring contacts across the only medium is a cvs file ( Excel format) - So photos of your contacts are lost.

Out of 507 Contacts only 340 were actually transferred.

Filing to your files is notoriously slow.

You can't change layouts. Fonts, design. The Mail App looks as if it was designed in the 1950's.

After years of threatening to leave Yahoo Mail they obviously didn't learn off them.

It is the worst mail system I've genuinely seen. Genuine score 3/10

I can't believe the B.T. Mail Team are so Amateurish  . How on earth was it launched ?????????????? 

Bloodnock
Aspiring Contributor
Message 704 of 2,146

Not squeak out of BT as to why it's so bad or what they intend doing to improve it, now that's a bigger worry than the faults themselves

Jules68
Expert
Message 705 of 2,146

Actually, and to be fair, there was one squeak from BT, can't remember the message number, but I think from someone called Sean, which admitted some problems (but underplayed others) and sort-of ignored the fact that BT had had years to put together (or buy-in) a proper working system before forcing a failed and appalling system on its customers. 

Even Microsoft allows its victims to choose whether to 'upgrade' (a word I use quite wrongly) its offering. BT didn't, and didn't allow any reversion back to something which (however clunkily) worked. I think the reason why we don't hear anyone official from BT is that you can't defend the indefensible (well one poster can, but only one that I've noticed) - and stopping the migration and spending money on any sort of reasonable alternative is way above the pay grade of anyone tasked to 'mind' the BT Community (which is designed anyway for unpaid nerds to sort out issues which can be sorted, like how to do stuff which is doable, and thus saves BT money otherwise spent on its own helpdesks).

What none of us can do is to help sort out such a completely failed and hopeless system. So, and in fact, as far as the new BT Mail is concerned, 'The Community' serves little value save as a safety valve for our fury. I think we can be certain that nobody with any power to change this gets anywhere near these threads.

0 Ratings
JohnRH
Aspiring Expert
Message 706 of 2,146

Jules68. To be honest I have the same attitude to these forums, all they do is give the user an opportunity to vent their feelings but serve no useful purpose to getting any problem resolved. It's like BT giving us a room to scream our heads off and when we come out they ask if we now feel better and if not to go back in.

BT know they have a problem because one can tell when you talk to someone, they know that your call is just another to add to the increasing list.

One person I spoke to actually said to me that I would be better off using MS Outlook rather than their webmail....doesn't that speak volumes? Second, two of the people I spoke to yesterday asked if I was using a VPN so that seems to be something that has come to the top of the list for them.

The new email system or rather presentation seems so amateurish. There's a saying, why reinvent the wheel. Get someone who has produced a good workable (wheel) email system and pay them good money to produce one for you.

I actually have MS Outlook but have not installed it on this new PC....yes a silly error.

But when I search for an email in MS Outlook it will find it in a blink of an eye. Search for anything on the new webmail often I can go make a cup of tea and come back to find an error message.

Even the most simple of functions do not work correctly. It's impossible to comprehend that they have had many years since deciding to abandon Yahoo and all they have done is come up with this heap of manure.

0 Ratings
Jules68
Expert
Message 707 of 2,146

My VPN gave me a problem till, at their advice, I switched off their cyber security - designed to keep me away from sites which were 'advertising or malicious' - says a lot for BT's servers (and I've posted this information once already, but that post was taken down, so let's see how long this one lasts)

The problem about just using a Client is that you can't use it to 'educate' the mail system into not putting valid emails into SPAM - you need to do that 'native', as it were.

But I'm finding Thunderbird is excellent for my (limited) needs, otherwise. But it really shouldn't have to be!

0 Ratings
paul26may
Beginner
Message 708 of 2,146

I have joined this community to register my complaint about this so called upgrade - it's absolutely horrendous!!
Oddbodkin
Aspiring Expert
Message 709 of 2,146

And today's bug is when I click on one email, it opens the one above it unless I first reload the page.

JohnRH
Aspiring Expert
Message 710 of 2,146

Oddbodkin...yes I had that yesterday and like you I had to sign out and sign in to get rid of it.