cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DawnThomo
Aspiring Contributor
Message 741 of 2,146

Re: Monstrous new BT email upgrade

I had new problem yesterday . . . I have set up a new email account with a different provider but kept BT going until I have all the contacts transferred and so on. I was working on something else and received a yellow notification of a new email. Left what I was doing . . . no new email. This happened many, many times in the next hour or so. Eventually it stopped. 

0 Ratings
kenyoj
Contributor
Message 742 of 2,146

I am beginning to think JohnRH that this is now becoming a matter for the consumer forums' Money Saving Expert and Martin lewis who champions consumer interests ought to be on this case?
It would appear that everyone has slightly different issues with the new platform but the bottom line is that it does not work and the email service ought to be a contractual obligation on the Broadband providers
0 Ratings
Stephen5000
Expert
Message 743 of 2,146

"It does not save the email as a draft either so each attempt means I have to retype the whole thing..."

This has happened a couplke of times to me too, I get a red error message saying, 'you message was unable to have been saved'. I have stopped getting annoyed now, I just expect the worst from BT and they always live up to y expectations. Another delightful 'quirk' is that I now have emails missing. I spent 10 minutes looking for a specific one, and couldn't find it. Then I remember I may find it from my response, so went into my 'sent' folder, and was able to trace it from there. What a delightful system LOL

I'm even getting use to typing in the 'to' line and not getting any of my saved contacts automatically pop up like the old system use to do. Onward & upwards, onward and upwards! 😁

0 Ratings
smm
Contributor
Message 744 of 2,146

I've had exactly the same problem several times with unsendable unsaveable emails . I recommend you type in Word and cut and paste to email to save retyping if it gets lost, just like the old days then used to stop sending unfinished emails!

Also with PDFs I have found they often send but when  received then are not pdfs and have to be resent sometimes more that once and sometimes the only way I can send them is via my Gmail account 

It is just disgraceful that BT could inflict this truly awful 'upgrade' on its customers, no apology or list of times when it will be at least half as good of what it replaced, just nothing. The behaviour of a true corporate monolith.

Smm

0 Ratings
Stephen5000
Expert
Message 745 of 2,146

Oh, oh, oh... I have another delightful 'quirk', when you are sent an attachment, like a video clip, it will not download properly even after numerous attempts. However the secret is to use the option to download it as a zip file, and you'll get it then. Those guys at BT, what a sense of humour LOL
0 Ratings
goldmankind
Aspiring Expert
Message 746 of 2,146

@Stephen5000   maybe  the video was over the 25mb  limit ?

0 Ratings
JohnRH
Aspiring Expert
Message 747 of 2,146

Regarding 25 mb limit I have had problems with an attachment of 21mb for some reason.

One file and it just wouldn't send.

Compressed it in a zip  down to 16.1mb and away it went. 

So yes it might say 25mb but my experience is that it doesn't work.

0 Ratings
JohnRH
Aspiring Expert
Message 748 of 2,146

@ kenyoj 

Yes thanks that what I did after a few fruitless attempts, copy and paste. 

Still cannot send it via BT.

Never mind, this all reminds me of when I first went to BT somewhere around 2007 and 2008 and used webmail and lost a whole months emails out of the blue after experiencing the odd email which I knew was there to suddenly disappear. After months of fruitless calls to BT india finally a person at BT said to me that while email (storage) was unlimited even that has limits (I was working from home then and had many GBs of emails)... So I asked is this why emails are disappearing because I have reached some kind of unspecified limit and the answer was yes. So I said why don't you tell us and secondly surely you remove the oldest ones first instead of arbitrarily  removing emails especially one months of recent emails. The solution then was to use MS Outlook and it seems its the way to go again. 

0 Ratings
goldmankind
Aspiring Expert
Message 749 of 2,146

@Stephen5000   Drafts  saved  no  problem  infact  too often so I had to  change the time limit.....videos  sent  no  problem........you  still  having issues ? 😃

0 Ratings
CanalDigger
Contributor
Message 750 of 2,146

The lack of an 'official comment' from BT to this topic recently speaks volumes. Come on BT, own up you bought the wrong/ insufficient equipment, rectify situation, make compensations, before we customers move  

Tags (1)
0 Ratings