cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stephen5000
Expert
Message 801 of 2,146

Re: Monstrous new BT email upgrade

"The fact is lots are using this with no problems. So if you personally are being affected and can't get yours to work, leave,problem solved..."

I'm assuming this is the simple arrogance of youth. With a primary email address owned for in excess of 25 years, and was working just perfectly before BT decided to 'upgrade' it, 'leave' is not an option...

JohnRH
Aspiring Expert
Message 802 of 2,146

No I am applying simple logic. How come simple methods of working worked previously and now do not.

Example drag over an image into an email, no problem previously. Now drag an image and unless it's below a certain size the system throws up an error message "Sorry this request could not be completed". So my work around is to resize all images I intend to use but its a pain as working from home I need to insert images into emails more than I would normally. And BT know this doesn't work because I have discussed this with them they initially said it was a firefox issue and that I should use MS Edge. But on trying that and finding that the problem exists there too then on reporting baqck to them another person said that they were aware of the problem with Edge. So you telling me that BT talking to me and admitting that they had teething problems such as I discribed is my imagination or a problem with me?

kenyoj
Contributor
Message 803 of 2,146

My email also freezes and says its working . You wait and wait and in frustration reload and start again -this surely is not right
JohnRH
Aspiring Expert
Message 804 of 2,146

Stephen5000...ditto my email address.

0 Ratings
goldmankind
Aspiring Expert
Message 805 of 2,146

@Stephen5000 I'm 67 the primary account holder of multiple Emails on BT for all the family and all the accounts work fine here

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 806 of 2,146

@JohnRH wrote:

Answer this then. How come people like myself had no issues with the old Yahoo system yet have daily problems with this new 'upgrade'?

Just so that you are aware and to make sure that there is no misunderstanding as regards what has happened to your email account. Some people appear to think the old and new are linked and is just a different web page/user interface  (UI) and no doubt because BT have referred to it as an "upgrade" they believe that is what has happened.  

You have NOT been upgraded. Your email account(s) have been migrated away from the BTYahoo email system, which was owned and operated by Yahoo and your email account(s) is now on the "new" BTMail email system.

The "new" BTMail system is owned and operated by BT and has no connection to Yahoo. They are two entirely different email systems and are not linked in any way.

The "new" BTMail email system uses a different UI (user interface/webpage) from the BTYahoo UI and in many ways operates in a different way and it does not contain/use all the features that were available with the BTYahoo email system.

Once you have been migrated away from Yahoo you are on the "new" BTMail and no amount of wishing is going to get your email account moved from the "new" BTMail system back to the BTYahoo system.

This migration of all BTYahoo email accounts will be completed by the end of 2020 at which point BT will severe all links with Yahoo.

As regards the many problems that have been mentioned in this thread, BT are apparently working on them and in case it has been missed the moderators have posted a couple of updates regarding this.

https://community.bt.com/t5/Email/Email-migrations-Update-from-BT/td-p/2062527

Finally, to answer the usual comebacks:- I am not a BT apologised, if you have bothered to read all the thread you will see that. I do not nor have I ever worked for BT and I do not use webmail because I much prefer the correct tool for the job, an email client/app. 

The only time I access BTMail via webmail is to check out what all the complaints are about and to see if there is any way to help the complainer to navigate/use the "new" BTMail system and its different way of working.

goldmankind
Aspiring Expert
Message 807 of 2,146

@JohnRH Drag image into email  no  problem as long as it  doesn't exceed the 25mb limit.  It  even tells you if it does and even tells you the size of image/ video you are uploading. What is the problem ?

0 Ratings
kenyoj
Contributor
Message 808 of 2,146

If this is true which I doubt, as I think John RHH is right, why are so many BT community users experiencing problems locally? The BT community should be here to help us, not criticise our efforts as we are not all aspiring experts !
goldmankind
Aspiring Expert
Message 809 of 2,146

@kenyoj   I repeat   images  load without any issues so long as its within the 25mb  limit  either by dragging file  or clicking on paperclip  link

0 Ratings
MickyBinks
Aspiring Contributor
Message 810 of 2,146

Bottom line is that it’s still a pile of garbage