cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
goldmankind
Aspiring Expert
Message 851 of 2,146

Re: Monstrous new BT email upgrade

The contacts aren't auto completing because the email address is being put in the first name section when being transferred in some cases 

0 Ratings
Jules68
Expert
Message 852 of 2,146

To be fair to BT the folder (re) naming in the new system is improved, although you have to click on the 'write' box twice (not double click) to amend the whole folder name, so it doesn't work well, just offers a function not offered by the BT Yahoo software. But that's the only positive I have yet discovered. 

kenyoj
Contributor
Message 853 of 2,146

This is exactly my problem as you describe it. The contacts are in the address book but but when composing the email you type the name and No its not there. I thought the problem was too many names in the address book- tried to delete them- sometimes it will, mostly when you ask to delete it freezes- Only solution is to reload and hope they have gone -sometimes Yes ,mostly no !
0 Ratings
allanmcm
Beginner
Message 854 of 2,146

Current issues on a PC using windows10

you cannot tag an email and then press the delete key, you can only select the command delete.  This is basic usability.

The display is double spaced, and certainly not responsive to the UI. There is also no control over the double space.

kenyoj
Contributor
Message 855 of 2,146

Thank you for this- It is making this crazy incompetence, the BT saga of the year ! I think the route may well be for all these thousands of unhappy customers to put in individual official complaints and to ask for compensation for the weeks of inconvenience and frustration we have all had ??
SandraWheatley
Beginner
Message 856 of 2,146

Email confusion

Since my bt email has been updated when I click on to a message to open it the one below is shown. Also when I try to delete a message the one below the chosen one is deleted. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

0 Ratings
SunnySkies
Aspiring Contributor
Message 857 of 2,146

@plasticfree I love your re-interpretation of the 'BT welcome to your new and improved email service' page. That's the first smile I've had since this debacle started.

While it's a shame your post has been censored, I am sure there are  number of BT Community members who saved it in anticipation of it's demise!

Thanks for making me smile!

SunnySkies
Aspiring Contributor
Message 858 of 2,146

Do you mean that BT has put the email address in the first name section when they have transferred the data?
If not, then would you please explain to me what I am doing wrong that something which has always previously worked, hasn't since early June. I am really toiling with sorting my contacts. When sending or forwarding something to a regular business contact, their address does not autocomplete and adds as a new contact each time. My address book has several copies of the same email address and I can't them to merge or delete the duplicates.
Thanks
Tags (1)
goldmankind
Aspiring Expert
Message 859 of 2,146

@SunnySkies  yes that's what happened pick a contact go to edit the contact put the email in the email box name in name box if you have a name. It will then auto complete. You need to create an address book and then move the contacts from Main to the created address book. It will then auto complete

0 Ratings
Jules68
Expert
Message 860 of 2,146

I think part of our collective problem is that address lists are built up through multiple feeds, including from our phone contact lists, as well as other address lists that e.g. Chrome gets hold of. The old BT Yahoo service brought these together so that when you searched on a name it looked in different places, but this BT Mail doesn't, or perhaps can't work out what's a name and what's an address (the '@' is normally a clue). Either which way the dynamic addresses actually stored in its contacts aren't the only address source for BT Yahoo Mail. In my partner's contacts were stored 244 blank addresses (no names or anything). I had similar. And lot's of addresses used regularly weren't there. And this is the old Style BT Yahoo Mail. Which must source its addresses from more than the Contacts it lists. But BT didn't know that, apparently, to encourage it's new version to look as widely. Hey Ho.

0 Ratings