cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
goldmankind
Aspiring Expert
Message 1061 of 2,146

Re: Monstrous new BT email upgrade

@Jules68 you will find that it does import all emails stored on BT into Gmail. It's in the Account Import Tab section all the settings are there 

0 Ratings
Jules68
Expert
Message 1062 of 2,146

Sorry, I had no idea it would, as I've never had to use that. Thanks for that suggestion - and indeed that would prove a fix (if you like the gmail way of handling mail) for anyone. Without having to change your e-mail address. But it's a sad thought that BT's new system would drive people to have to do that.
0 Ratings
Oddbodkin
Aspiring Expert
Message 1063 of 2,146

Oh rubbish!

The problem is indeed with BT's email system AND they've admitted such. If you think the only people who have issues are those posting here, then you need to think again, as it's human nature to do nothing & try to muddle through.

kenyoj
Contributor
Message 1064 of 2,146

Yep me too now but I did have to work hard to sort things out thanks to comments posted here all is well
0 Ratings
Stephen5000
Expert
Message 1065 of 2,146

Spam folder

Spam Folder

Was just wondering if anyone else is experiencing like me, having NOTHING in their Spam folder whatsoever? Since the migration, I have not had one single email placed in 'spam', which is a bit concerning. I dip into it once in a while just to see if the inbuilt filters have put something in there it shouldn't, but to have not one single email - surely that's a problem? Where is it all going?

0 Ratings
Jules68
Expert
Message 1066 of 2,146

Re: Spam folder

@Stephen5000wrote:

Spam Folder

Was just wondering if anyone else is experiencing like me, having NOTHING in their Spam folder whatsoever? Since the migration, I have not had one single email placed in 'spam', which is a bit concerning. I dip into it once in a while just to see if the inbuilt filters have put something in there it shouldn't, but to have not one single email - surely that's a problem? Where is it all going?

After a flurry of kosher e-mails sent to SPAM (including from this community!) I am now just getting SPAM from two senders (legitimate sites, but I don't want their products) - which I was getting with (BT) Yahoo Mail as well. And nothing else - but then I got very little sent to SPAM before the move - for a year or more. If you're not getting what should be SPAM sent to your inbox I'd feel grateful. Is there a SPAM filter actually behind the one that sends stuff to our SPAM folder which is killing known 'dodgy' domains. I know numbers of browsers are good at sniffing dodgy web sites out and blocking me from entering them.

0 Ratings
SunnySkies
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1067 of 2,146

Re: Spam folder

I also wondered this as, since they sorted out the issue with sending BT Community emails to spam, I have received zero in my spam folder.
Still getting random phishing emails in my inbox. though not as many as when they first migrated my account.
0 Ratings
Barnsworth
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1068 of 2,146

I’m sorry Goldmankind, but I spent over an hour on the phone to BT trying to sort out the problems with using the new BT email with my iPAD they said the problem wasn’t theirs but Apple’s!  Well, as far as I’m concerned they’re the ones who have changed and they’re the ones that need to put it right.  Or am I wrong?

Jules68
Expert
Message 1069 of 2,146

@Barnsworthwrote:

I’m sorry Goldmankind, but I spent over an hour on the phone to BT trying to sort out the problems with using the new BT email with my iPAD they said the problem wasn’t theirs but Apple’s!  Well, as far as I’m concerned they’re the ones who have changed and they’re the ones that need to put it right.  Or am I wrong?

Not working with Apple products was a problem BT had way, way back - as did other service providers - I'd thought that was long in the past (as it is for other service providers). Now they'll be saying it's optimised around Netscape. 

0 Ratings
goldmankind
Aspiring Expert
Message 1070 of 2,146

@Barnsworth

@Jules68

If BT mail is incompatible with Apple Ipad, that's just how the cookie crumbles.

0 Ratings