cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jules68
Expert
Message 1091 of 2,146

Re: Monstrous new BT email upgrade

The change was caused by moving from Yahoo as a Web mail supplier to a home-grown solution. It's not actually an 'upgrade' of anything but a different underlying product. There's no option to 'move back'.
0 Ratings
Stephen5000
Expert
Message 1092 of 2,146

insert image into email body

Not sure if this will help, but, if you click on the icon, 'insert local image', then drag your photo, you should find it ends up within the body of your email, and not as an attachment...

insert image.jpg

0 Ratings
goldmankind
Aspiring Expert
Message 1093 of 2,146

@JohnRH  re inserting photos, I haven't tried to embed photos and am using the Android at the moment. Out of interest I downloaded the BT Mail app to test out the embedding of an email and that worked fine  and sent ok.  It takes longer to download though embedded. So always best to send the image as the smallest version. Just click and hold on the image when it's in the email. I shall try on the Computer later

0 Ratings
JohnRH
Aspiring Expert
Message 1094 of 2,146

Re: insert image into email body

Stephen if you look at my post 1032 you'll see that I explain all this in great detail including the exact steps I take using that very icon, I have also included screen shots.

It doesn't work for me as it does not resize the the photograph and causes an error.

BT have said that they realise this does not work but perhaps it does for you but then again if your original photo is bel;ow the critical size then it will work. Try a 3+mb photo.

0 Ratings
JohnRH
Aspiring Expert
Message 1095 of 2,146

@goldmankind 

I am using a Windows PC because I am working from home and it's this machine on which I conduct my business which is surveying and engineering. Hence why being able to insert a photo into an email is so useful as I can write a piece of text and say something like 'as shown in the photo below'. This is much better that sending an email with numerous sections of text and numerous photos attached which the client then has to sort and determine which is which.

The work around is to open the photo and using snipping tool to capture the image onto my desktop and which I can then embed into the email. The photos then reduce in size usually to around 0.5mb.

I understand that previously this resizing was an automatic function when dragging a photo into the body of an email and indeed that must have been so because in the past I have been able to drag numerous photos of 8 to 10mb into an email and yet the total size of the email has remained quite small. This surely demonstrates that some auto resizing took place.

Now BT have this local image icon on their tool bar but it seems to only work (for me) if the native photo is already quite small which in these days of high definition photographs on your smart phone is highly unlikely unless specifically set to low definition. In my line of work low def native photos is of no use to me as I am sure you can understand.

0 Ratings
Stephen5000
Expert
Message 1096 of 2,146

I just tried a 7Mb photo - it inserted into the body no problem, but it doesn't resize it. The result being it overwhelms the body of the email meaning you have to scroll for ages to get to the edge of the photo! (both vertically & horizontally). Not a neat solution!

0 Ratings
JohnRH
Aspiring Expert
Message 1097 of 2,146

@Stephen5000 

That's interesting because yesterday I tried a 1.69mb photo and got an error message.

Just tried it again. 1.69mb, as you say huge image producing scroll bars to see the whole photo and this error message on a greyed out screen. Note the system immediately attempts to save a draft on inserting the photo.

rrrrrrrrr.JPG

0 Ratings
JohnRH
Aspiring Expert
Message 1098 of 2,146

@Stephen5000 

Interesting because if instead of using Firefox I access BT web mail via MS Edge the error message I get is this.

Capturejjjjjj.JPG

Note a different message without an error number.

This illustrates precisely that even with the same machine, the same set up etc etc just a different browser will cause a different result.

I get error number using Firefox, and this message using Edge.

With such vagaries on one system you can perhaps see why we all get differing results.

Anyway I must get back to my work.

Thank you for your interest.

0 Ratings
Travelusa
Expert
Message 1099 of 2,146

Well after all these year all my accounts have been moved over to the new servers

Thouble is now my e-mail apps on my Tablet and phone have started asking for the same password to login

it keeps losing it ....have ticked the keep signed in but no luck

Even delete one account and readded it using the IMAP links but still keeps dropping the password

The Tablet has got worse since it updated to android 10 a few days back

A Samsung Tab a 2019

the phone is still on android 7 a samsung s6.

Agree with everyone do not like the look and lay out

they seem to have gone for the basic of setups

0 Ratings
Stephen5000
Expert
Message 1100 of 2,146

@Travelusa

"Well after all these year all my accounts have been moved over to the new servers..."

I feel for you. Though I have some positivity for you. After a few weeks things will calm down. Now, don't get me wrong, my email 'rules' still don't work, my contact list is a mess, I still can't access my calendar at all as there is a solid fault which has meant me losing all previous dates/reminders and unable to input anything new. BUT, I have substantially calmed down. I accept now that BT made a humongous error in introducing this pile of untested 'beta' programming on an unsuspecting public. None as far as I'm aware were clamoring for anything 'new & improved', and were quite happy with the status quo.

So, the secret to dealing with BTs philosophy is simply, chill out. Life is far too short to get bogged down in highlighting every error they have made. 100+ pages (so far) are a testament to their 'good' work, and I'm sure that behind closed doors they are simply too embarrassed to admit they screwed up, and still charge many £7.50/month (£90/year) for the privilege of tearing their hair out!

Good luck in your endeavours to sort whatever ills have befallen you, there are a growing band of us all suffering similar. 😀

0 Ratings