Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 1271 of 2,146

Re: Terrible new 'improved' email

@AshtonArcher wrote:

Have BT actually acknowledged the faults of this system and have issued an official statement, or are they still pumping the 'new and improved' line?

See link

https://community.bt.com/t5/Email/Email-migrations-Update-from-BT/td-p/2062527

0 Ratings
CliveWatson
Beginner
Message 1272 of 2,146

I think the short answer is Yes, BT have partly acknowledged there’s a few issues but still are in complete denial re loss of contacts (cited in a large proportion of this email thread):

• Loss of contacts – You have told us that after you have been migrated to the new platform, you have noticed that some of your contacts have been lost.  There is no, known problem, which would cause this issue, but we would very much like to help anyone who finds themselves in this situation.  If you have lost contacts since the migration, please create your own thread here on Community and we will reach out to help further

Until BT are able to concede that they’ve been instrumental in something as basic as preservation of contact detail, they’re going to have a much harder time acknowledging and solving the numerous other defects

Jules68
Expert
Message 1273 of 2,146

@CliveWatsonwrote:

I think the short answer is Yes, BT have partly acknowledged there’s a few issues but still are in complete denial re loss of contacts (cited in a large proportion of this email thread):

• Loss of contacts – You have told us that after you have been migrated to the new platform, you have noticed that some of your contacts have been lost.  There is no, known problem, which would cause this issue, but we would very much like to help anyone who finds themselves in this situation.  If you have lost contacts since the migration, please create your own thread here on Community and we will reach out to help further

Until BT are able to concede that they’ve been instrumental in something as basic as preservation of contact detail, they’re going to have a much harder time acknowledging and solving the numerous other defects

I had thought, happy to stand corrected, that BT Yahoo Mail both stored your contacts in a contact list (which is what you get if you try to download it via a .csv file or whatever, and which was cut-over to BT Mail), but also dynamically found names within sent or received e-mails and could offer those as well when you started to type in an address - so your 'contacts' seemed in use to have a wider range of addresses than the actual file contained. Unless you later asked for these addresses to be stored as 'contacts' they were ephemeral and linked to the way BT Yahoo handled data. So BT is right in saying that it has moved 'your contacts' when it migrated - but it ignores the way that Yahoo handled address generation. You thought your contacts were a longer and more comprehensive list than they actually were, if you look at the data entries in the contacts folder. Ideally BT Mail should also generate names from within at least recent activities additionally to the formal Contacts source, but that would require a lot more coding.

gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 1274 of 2,146

@CliveWatson wrote:

It was previously explained what may have a happened to your contacts in message 190.

johnth1
Beginner
Message 1275 of 2,146

Icannot send or forward e-mails on terrible email vamp;

In compose mode page will not scroll nor are there any side arrows to do same

however if I press format and plain, then expand the box that results the the send  or discard buttons appear

0 Ratings
dazbon
Contributor
Message 1276 of 2,146

Re: Monstrous new BT email upgrade

Hi,

Still many bugs I guess & today I noticed that on trying to individually delete emails it locks up, occasionally complete crash, with error message of trying to move message to another device?? New problem to me but looks like it has been mentioned so hopefully someone at BT will be on the case. For info. working with Windows 10 latest update & this happens if using chrome or edge. Frustrating when you have quite a few emails that you want to trawl through & delete individually.

dazbon
Contributor
Message 1277 of 2,146

Re: Monstrous new BT email upgrade

Tend to agree on what I have experienced. Gotta ask myself why did they even bother with this?? Also was it really put through it's paces before "roll-out" at all?
0 Ratings
DavidB2
Contributor
Message 1278 of 2,146

Problems with starting a new paragraph.

Since "upgrade," some of us have been having problems  starting new paragraphs when writing messages -  no text appears on the new line after hitting the return key to start a new paragraph.  Much though I hate to admit that one of our acid-tongued "aspiring experts" was right, it does seem that this is a problem with the web browser you use as  I tried Edge instead of Firefox and it worked fine. I then posted on the FIrefox user forum and got  the advice below, which has solved the problem. It would have been nice if the Premium Mail help-line had been able to tell me this, let alone that they might actually inform users about fixes like this rather than us having to go to them. I just hope it helps others too.

Back in version 60, Firefox changed what it inserts when you press Enter so that it would work better with Gmail. You could try reversing that old change to see whether it helps with your mail site. Here's how:

(1) In a new tab, type or paste about:config in the address bar and press Enter/Return. Click the button accepting the risk.

(2) In the search box in the page, type or paste newline and pause while the list is filtered

(3) Double-click the editor.use_div_for_default_newlines preference to switch the value from true to false

smm
Contributor
Message 1279 of 2,146

Dear people trying to fix btinternet.

The two problems that are driving me mad at the moment are attachments not attaching, even small ones and then when I try and send the  missing ones getting 'unexpected error please try later'.

Last week I spent 45 minutes trying to send an email with one attachment! 

Do please let me know when these problems are going to be fixed

SMM

0 Ratings
mpcollins619
Beginner
Message 1280 of 2,146

I've been having problems with my contacts - it no longer 'auto fills' when I'm typing, which is a massive pain!  I'm having to manually enter old contacts, which doesn't seem that a great way to 'upgrade' the service