cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1381 of 2,146

Re: Monstrous new BT email upgrade

I've now lost the will to read any BT update with lengthy diatribes and excuses for their failure for their 'improved ' system. 

Every time I try to do a simple quick job within the platform, I waste more and more time. 

Can I forward an email?  NO, unless you can count 1 of 20 as a yes

Can I copy and paste anything from the body of an email?  NO

WHY does an attached  Word document  change into a pdf so the recipient can't do edits? And no, I can't afford another s/w programme to do it and I shouldn't have to

Why, when I want to print the unwanted pdf, it only prints a section of the document?  And yes, I've checked my printer's setting and have NO problems printing from anywhere other than a BT email

And YES, I've tried all other browers so that excuse doesn't work

As BT are apparently not taking any action for their paying customers at a higher level other than the occasional BT "distingushed sage", I've raised a formal complaint with WHICH Tech Support, for referral to the Editor Kate Beavan for a formal review and rating

BT, hang your head in absolute shame, for  the system, the 'fixes' and the total lack of support and action from BT senior management. 

You want the income but you are a disgrace in the IT world

Luckily, I've saved a copy of this reply and comment in case it gets 'lost'

Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 1382 of 2,146

@kelsokat wrote:

Luckily, I've saved a copy of this reply and comment in case it gets 'lost'

That is extremely unlikely as your post doesn't break forum rules. Posts only get 'lost' as you put it, if they break the rules, criticism per se doesn't.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1383 of 2,146

Good luck with the complaint, any enhancements welcome. I went that route initially and still have one open. Seems the email response team aren't looking at complaints once they're closed. Things have moved on, but from my perspective these issues have NOT YET been addressed. Hence, despite being a long-term customer, I'm making this 1st input via this route to see if it results in any improvements. Current issues are:

BT Email Upgrade Ongoing Issues 10 Aug 2020 (witnessed in updated Edge & Chrome browsers)

DATA MIGRATION ISSUES

• Corrupted Contact details Missing contacts: Duplicated contacts; Addresses wrongly allocated; Addresses stripped from contacts; Multiple erroneous addresses with as many as 9 allocated to one contact.
  • Grouped Contact lists corrupted with some contacts missing.
  • Existing user based “Rules” (e.g. direct an email based on source criteria straight to a given folder) predominantly failing. A few work, most don’t although the "Rules" still seem to be present and valid.

ATTACHMENTS

Email attachments cannot be retrieved due to:

• No preview panel.
  • No direct view available.
  • Cannot “Download” attachments individually. The option has no effect.
  • Cannot “Download” attachments as a zip file. The option has no effect.

NOTE Sometimes, forwarding an email allows the attachments to be viewed from the “Sent” folder, not by clicking on “Download” (which still doesn’t work) but by clicking on the file itself. Also the forwarded email can sometimes be viewed in the subsidiary BT Email account.

• Forwarding an email to enable remote viewing of attachments is blocked due to “Too many attachments” but no facility to delete any of the attachments.

DESIGN ISSUES

• More real estate without preview panel but lost “Back” option so have to reselect folder to see more emails within it if email is retained.
  • On selecting folder having viewed an email within it, the email remains highlighted in bold so isn’t denoted as read.
  • More real estate without preview panel but lost “Move” option so have to use “More” > ”Move to” > ”My Folders” > then select from 3rd dropdown list. Far less efficient than previously. The drag and drop facility exists but only in the folder view and the email still appears to be unread because it is in bold font.
  • Some emails now spread beyond right hand margin so sideways slider required to view them as well as scroll.
  • Font appears smaller and no option to change it, so harder to read.
  • Changing view to “Right” or “Below” effectively creates a preview panel but attachments are not visible within it. Attachments view doesn't allow their viewing either.
  • Emoji sub menu icons are too small for easy viewing and there is no option to enlarge it.
  • Emoji sub menu has no option to close it so it obscures the email composition screen once opened.

It will be interesting to see how quickly these shortfalls are to be addressed and if not forthwith, then in which release. Clearly though, in the future BT should usefully talk with customers in advance of such a major design change. In this instance though the term "Upgrade" is somewhat inappropriate. I look forward to viewing the latest response from the Community Manager.

Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 1384 of 2,146

It's not an upgrade, it is a migration from a Yahoo based system to a BT based system.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1385 of 2,146

@licquorice You are right is it definitely not an upgrade but their mail from 29th June does start with: -

BT
Welcome to your new and improved email service
Hello
Welcome to your new and improved email service from BT.
What’s been happening?
We know it’s important for you to have an email service that’s smart, secure, and safe. Along with some great new features, that’s what you’ll get with our spanking new, all-BT service. We think you’re going to like it.
You’ll find all your emails and contacts in the same place, just as you left them.

Not sure what your definition is of "new and improved"? Keep fighting the good fight though

Tags (1)
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 1386 of 2,146

@licquoricewrote:

It's not an upgrade, it is a migration from a Yahoo based system to a BT based system.

++

So why did BT call it "improved" which implies it is an upgrade, when it is anything BUT.

Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1387 of 2,146

Thank you
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 1388 of 2,146

Oh FOR GOODNESS SAKE!!! Please can someone end this hell? Can't even log in now!

login error bt email.jpg

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1389 of 2,146

Just spent 10 minutes waiting for my email page to load! Now got an error occured loading oh dear..

Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 1390 of 2,146

Thanks for letting me know @Stephen5000 and @northwest.

I'm getting this investigated for you. As soon a I know more, I will post up here.

Thanks

DanielS