Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stephen5000
Expert
Message 1471 of 2,146

Re: Monstrous new BT email upgrade

@JohnRHwrote:

@Stephen5000 

I can get unread sent emails by using the tick box and the more drop down menu I described earlier and marking sent emails as unread.

Have you placed incoming unread emails into the sent box by accident or is there a filter sending them inadvertently to the sent box rather than say direct to the trash can?

Not sure if that can be done with the webmail email system, I know I can do it with my MS Outlook I am now running.

Have you checked them to see if in fact they are emails you have sent?

All now sorted. I listed all the 'unread' emails, and it may have been a 'millennium bug' issue! They were all chronologically listed in date order from way back in the year 2000! Marked them as 'read' in blocks of 50, took a while, but all done now - I now have no unread emails in my sent folder, and that '99' number (obviously the max that the preview pane can display) has disappeared.

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 1472 of 2,146

Re: Monstrous new BT email upgrade

@Stephen5000 wrote:

All now sorted. I listed all the 'unread' emails, and it may have been a 'millennium bug' issue! They were all chronologically listed in date order from way back in the year 2000! Marked them as 'read' in blocks of 50, took a while, but all done now - I now have no unread emails in my sent folder, and that '99' number (obviously the max that the preview pane can display) has disappeared.

For information, to delete more than 50 emails at a time, tick the box to the left of the first email you want to delete then use the Shift + Page Down keys to select multiple emails or use the Shift + Down arrow keys until all the emails you want are selected then click "Delete".

Jules68
Expert
Message 1473 of 2,146

Re: Yipeee... I'm now on v2.17!!

I, too, find I am now on 2.17 - but the false 'Drafts' Folder count is back (14 not actually there today) and a valid report from Instagram was sent to SPAM.

So perhaps a very slight speed improvement when messages load - the header still loads well before the body, which looks weird as you get an old body with a new header - overall not a step change as far as my usage is concerned (but then I use Google's Calendar as it works across all my appliances and my partner's).

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 1474 of 2,146

DREADFUL EMAIL UPGRADE!! This is so much worse than it was!!! Put it back to how it was!!

WHY WHY WHY have BT messed about with the email system? What was supposedly wrong before? Because now it is HORRENDOUS!! I cant even open attachments any more!! 

In the previous system I could just click on an attachment and would have the option to either download it or simply just view it. I almost always chose to just view it, and the document etc would appear to the right, whereby i could read it then close it. NOW, though, I am only given the option to download it, but I CANT download anything because when I try, it says "failed disk pull" whatever the hell that means?? WHY CANT I JUST VIEW IT LIKE BEFORE INSTEAD OF CLOGGING UP MY COMPUTER WITH DOWNLOADS? WHYYYY??? So as it stands as of today I havent been able to view any attachments for several weeks!!

One of the supposedly new functions, that we as customers supposedly asked for, was that we were signed in for longer; NO I AM NOT! Every-time, and I mean every darn time I log on, i have to sign in again. 

ALSO now when I search for a keyword or emailer, once you click on something the search brings up, you have NO option as in a back arrow to go back to the search results, so you have to go through the whole process again and again. 

HOW IS THIS BETTER??? ANSWER, ITS NOT. 

The layout is ridiculous; i now have to have my screen massively made bigger to be able to view anything! WHY?? 

I simply cannot believe how bad this is, and looking at this forum you certainly have a lot of unsatisfied customers who think the same. 

gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 1475 of 2,146

Re: DREADFUL EMAIL UPGRADE!! This is so much worse than it was!!! Put it back to how it was!!

You should not need to download attachments to view them. If you open the email that has the attachment and then single click on the actual icon (picture) of the attachment and not the name of the attachment it should open without downloading allowing you to view it.

You may find that the attachment, if a Word document, it opens as a PDF. This is a known problem that BT are apparently working on.

0 Ratings
Stephen5000
Expert
Message 1476 of 2,146

Re: DREADFUL EMAIL UPGRADE!! This is so much worse than it was!!! Put it back to how it was!!

@Anonymouswrote:

WHY WHY WHY have BT messed about with the email system? What was supposedly wrong before? Because now it is HORRENDOUS!! I cant even open attachments any more!! 

One of the supposedly new functions, that we as customers supposedly asked for, was that we were signed in for longer; NO I AM NOT! Every-time, and I mean every darn time I log on, i have to sign in again. 

You're new here, aren't you LOL Firstly, there was nothing 'wrong' as such before, except that Yahoo and BT have severed their relationship meaning that BT have had to design their own WebMail based shopfront, so you can't revert back to the old system, it doesn't exist anymore.

About 2 years ago, BT went through a phase of, 'due to security', they auto logged you off every 20 minutes! An alarming process that even logged you out even if in the middle of writing an email! This settled down after a while, and this function was quietly dropped. I can remain logged in all day now if active, however, after about 4 hours of total inactivity, it does chuck me out of the system, but that isn't really intrusive

There are about 150 pages and 1500 posts here describing issues with the 'new' system, some of which have now as time passes, been fixed. Many haven't, but are being worked on.

You can see the 'being worked on' list here...

https://community.bt.com/t5/Email/Email-migrations-Update-from-BT/td-p/2062527

0 Ratings
Stephen5000
Expert
Message 1477 of 2,146

@gg30340wrote:

You should not need to download attachments to view them. If you open the email that has the attachment and then single click on the actual icon (picture) of the attachment and not the name of the attachment it should open without downloading allowing you to view it.

You may find that the attachment, if a Word document, it opens as a PDF. This is a known problem that BT are apparently working on.

In addition for this to work, it's worth noting that you need to be viewing the email you are interested in by using the 'change view'  option and make sure you use, 'right' or 'below' preview pane. If you are in 'none' you won't see the attachment...

0 Ratings
smm
Contributor
Message 1478 of 2,146

I agree with every word in your report save I am not having the sign in problem that you having. I did have that problem once not long before the old nearly perfect BTYahoo email was shredded.

SMM
0 Ratings
dazbon
Contributor
Message 1479 of 2,146

V2.17 appears to be a backwards step & now when I try to click and open an email further down in my inbox nothing happens. Same thing when I attempt to delete email & now appears to delete emails that are not even selected when I click delete.

0 Ratings
Oddbodkin
Aspiring Expert
Message 1480 of 2,146

Well V 2.17 appears to be "improved" in the same manner as the new BT email was "improved".

Now instead of going to the next oldest (no option to go to the next newest) email when I delete the one I'm reading, I'm taken back to my inbox.

STILL the issue with attempting to delete an email unread, where I get the false "you have deleted this email using another device" message flash up, followed by the "an unexpected error has occurred" message.

Utterly dire.

0 Ratings