Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 1501 of 2,146

Re: Monstrous new BT email upgrade

@Stephen5000wrote:

@Millsie222wrote:
No need for that tone. I thought I had opened a new thread, but I am but a novice NOT an Aspiring Expert. I try my best & will continue to try and improve my skills!

Didn't intend to have a 'tone', sorry about that. As for the 'aspiring expert', that simply means that by now, I have whinged quite a lot here LOL After 150 pages, and 1500 posts, it's obvious that there are issues, but like I said, BT are aware of most and are working on them. Yes, they shouldn't have happened in the first place, but to be clichéd, we are where we are...

@Millsie222  - the reference to expertise here is about the level of contribution made to The BT Community pages, either in terms of appreciation by other readers (the 'kudos' button), or because they have actually solved a problem (not many of those in this thread!). This is not about some BT specific expertise (as a paid BT person). This thread has had many new readers as the migration rolls out and the horror is shared wider - so (as no one in their right minds would wade through 150 pages of this) - regular players not infrequently find themselves repeating themselves. BT is aware (based on its own posts) of many of the problems and is addressing some of them. They are trying now to build (in a ridiculously short time - as not much effort seems to have gone in before) the sort of fully scoped Web Mail front end that other companies have taken years to perfect - I feel that someone probably initially thought it as much easier than in fact it was to do this. And they're doing it in a moving environment, as browsers themselves change, and operating systems, with which this all has to be compatible. @Stephen5000  is quite right to say we are where we are (there isn't anything to go back to - returning to the Yahoo service isn't an option) - but it may actually still be helpful to adumbrate on both existing things still not working (on at least one occasion a fix hasn't been delivered to time) as well as on new problems. We are being forced to become beta testers (which is shameful) - but, whilst we are stuck with BT mail it actually is in our best interests to continue to feed back. And to share our anger, if this stimulates the senior management to put in more resource.

Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 1502 of 2,146

Anyone know a fix for no longer going to the next email after deleting the one I've read but instead returning to my inbox each time?

This started when we moved to 2.17

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 1503 of 2,146

@Oddbodkinwrote:

Anyone know a fix for no longer going to the next email after deleting the one I've read but instead returning to my inbox each time?

Ironic - I quite like this feature! 😁

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 1504 of 2,146

When re-naming folders (the only other thing - creating and altering folder names -  I need the BT Web Mail  for apart from handling SPAM) I have to click on the 'write' icon, wait for the text to appear, then wait for the file name to be changed to disappear again, reverting to the normal folder appearance,  then click on the write icon again and this time it allows me to change the name. This is very annoying! Why do I have to do it twice? That's using the Chrome browser.

It's sort of symptomatic of the whole BT Web Mail experience - 'Web Mail, but not as we know it, Jim'.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 1505 of 2,146

@Stephen5000wrote:

@Oddbodkinwrote:

Ironic - I quite like this feature! 😁

I'm still offered this in Settings 

Jules68_0-1597919289527.png

I assume un-ticking takes you back to the messages list, and ticking takes you to the next message. I use a client so I don't normally bother to look at messages inside the Web Mail - I'm old and don't have that much life left to waste it that way. I'm on version 2.17. If the setting doesn't work then share that on the board for the BT people to act on it.

Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 1506 of 2,146

Hi @Jules68,

I've tested it on different devices using Chrome but it's working first time for me. I select 'Rename folder' change the name and step off. Can you try it on a different browser or using incognito mode? Let me know how you get on as this shouldn't be happening for you.

You are spot on about the ticking the "View next mail after delete / move" button taking you into the next email.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1507 of 2,146

Re: Yipeee... I'm now on v2.17!!

Don't get too excited... still struggling with the search facility which seems to ignore the chosen folder and use the one currently open.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 1508 of 2,146

@DanielSwrote:

Hi @Jules68,

I've tested it on different devices using Chrome but it's working first time for me. I select 'Rename folder' change the name and step off. Can you try it on a different browser or using incognito mode? Let me know how you get on as this shouldn't be happening for you.

You are spot on about the ticking the "View next mail after delete / move" button taking you into the next email.

Thanks

DanielS

Just tried it on Firefox (private browsing) - exactly the same, click on rename folder when I hover over the 'write' icon, the box with the name in it flashes up, then collapses, do it again and the box stays and allows me to enter or alter text. Have to do it twice to get access.

Edited to add - Windows 10 - November 2019 update (May won't update for me yet)

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 1509 of 2,146

Thanks @Jules68,

I think it's best if we take a look into this one for you.

I'll send you a private message with some info I need.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 1510 of 2,146

regarding deleting of mail and then going to inbox or next mail. Option in setting/mail  tick  to  go to next mail  untick to go to Box. Note in No preview view mode it always goes to inbox. But in preview mode it will  do as you selected go to next Mail