cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
smm
Contributor
Message 1531 of 2,146

21.8.2020 : When are you going to fix the delete problem Monstrous new BT email downgrade

Dear Bt

Filing and deleting emails is an important part of keeping my emails tidy. For the past few days those features don't work.

When will it be fixed?

Smm

0 Ratings
alanclayson
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1532 of 2,146

BT e-mail update

I don't like the new BT e-mail update. I even hate it.  I am, therefore, begging you to restore the previous format. 

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 1533 of 2,146

Re: BT e-mail update

begging won't help

once moved there is no going back

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Oddbodkin
Aspiring Expert
Message 1534 of 2,146

Re: 21.8.2020 : When are you going to fix the delete problem Monstrous new BT email downgrade

This morning is the worst it's been. If I delete an email, I'm returned to my inbox but then cannot open another email unless I refresh the page. Keep getting meaningless error messages, very slow loading & other problems.

0 Ratings
Jules68
Expert
Message 1535 of 2,146

Re: 21.8.2020 : When are you going to fix the delete problem Monstrous new BT email downgrade

@Oddbodkinwrote:

This morning is the worst it's been. If I delete an email, I'm returned to my inbox but then cannot open another email unless I refresh the page. Keep getting meaningless error messages, very slow loading & other problems.

I'm increasingly of the belief that some of us have a set-up on our computers which is clashing with the coding or architecture of BT Web Mail. My partner suffers virtually none of the problems I do with the system (as others who've posted have argued)  - we both run the same version of Windows 10 although hers is 'professional' and mine is 'home'. She connects via WiFi, I via Ethernet.. But otherwise the same. We both use up-to-date Chrome. This wasn't a problem with BT Yahoo - where if anything her system was worse than mine. We have different manufacturers machines and different components (mine's a desk top, her's a lap top). So probably there are differences in how our components run (i.e. very different drivers in operation). 

I'm guessing that the different sorts of problems being reported reflect system differences.  Of course, a good design would manage these, but this isn't (at least yet) a good design.

And the fact that the system runs smoothly through well designed clients might support this theory.

Just a thought - but it's something the coders are really going to have to get their heads around.

0 Ratings
Stephen5000
Expert
Message 1536 of 2,146

Re: BT e-mail update

@alanclaysonwrote:

I don't like the new BT e-mail update. I even hate it.  I am, therefore, begging you to restore the previous format. 

0 Ratings
DawnThomo
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1537 of 2,146

Monstrous new BT email upgrade

New problem today - tried to send an email from my BT account (have set up a new one with another provider but for unrelated reasons had to back to this one today) and every time I try, it says 'an unexpected error has occurred'. This is when I put in an email address which is correct.

NinaBaker
Beginner
Message 1538 of 2,146

Re: Monstrous new BT email upgrade

Yup. I have had that for some emails for several days. Usually when replying - so obviously the email address is correct. The only way round it that I have found is to add (re-add in most cases) that email address to the address book, or else to copy and paste the actual address in place of the (identical) one from the reply.
Who know WTAF is going on? Not BT that is for sure.
allanmcm
Beginner
Message 1539 of 2,146

Today I have the following problems

When composing an email if you start to type an email address, it does not auto complete - ok maybe that was a nice to have feature, but very useful.

But what you do get is "unexpected error" and then a loop.

if you start to type the email address eg abc  it errors.

It brings up an empty contacts list - despite being a user of BT webmail since the outset and have many many years worth of contacts.

ok, so you need to rebuild the address list...

if you click on the + icon next to an email address,  " unexpected error"

So as it stands, all contacts have gone, you can't add contacts and no warning that was going to happen, eg export and reimport the contacts.

Fully regression, and a shambles.

currently waiting 25 minutes on the phone whilst a raise a complaint, customer service person trying to find "manager".

gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 1540 of 2,146

I have made the moderators aware of the problem when trying to enter an email address into the "To" address bar.

It seems to be  affecting numerous people so I would suggest that there is nothing you can do at your end.