Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Christine2020
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1551 of 2,146

Re: Monstrous new BT email upgrade

Thanks Billy, and you are right.

Tried everything now and nothing is working smoothly.

I am going to look around for another provider, I am fed-up paying BT for such a poor service.

Spectron
Beginner
Message 1552 of 2,146

Couldn't BT have hired the people who made the excellent Yahoo email site for them before ? This new website is the worst thing I have ever used. I keep getting "unexpected error has occurred" every time I want to delete something if I have done anything at all before that (such as delete other messages or change folder), so I have to keep pressing F5 to get a fresh start then I can delete emails again. On my mobile phone version of the app I keep getting "token expired" every few days. When I type in email addresses it doesn't auto complete like it used to. I can't find where the filters are that I set up previously. It is atrocious.  Arggghh.

JohnRH
Aspiring Expert
Message 1553 of 2,146

@Spectron 

BT announced that they were moving away from Yahoo some many years back which then stalled for some reason.

You would then think that given the time in between some effort would have been put into this switchover to ensure it went as seamless as possible but as you are experiencing it's (for want of a better expression) appalling.

I have given up trying to reason with anyone and switched to another email provider and also have switched to using an email client MS Outlook which seems to run faultlessly. Saying that I have started to notice that my daily emails sent by my two NAS storage devices telling me that overnight backups went fine do not always arrive and have not got lost in any junk or spam box.

I am particularly annoyed because I signed up for another 24 month contract in May and was assured that this email issue was short term and would be 'sorted'..... However I am working on this in another way.

I fully intend leaving BT whenever I can. I have over the years experienced other issues with them and whenever anything goes wrong hell will freeze over before it gets resolved. A mark of a good company is not just that their day to day service is good it's how they deal with problems when they arise particularly when it's not the customers fault and here BT are abysmal. I know my £40 a month will make no difference but I hate seeing the letters BT on my bank statement. It seems too that theres some contractural 'standard' for the broadband but when it comes to email any lashup will do.

You might like to read this article which explains who is providing the email service (the definition of service here being stretched to infinity and beyond...).

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2020/02/isp-bt-trials-uk-email-platform-migration-away-from-ya... 

0 Ratings
Stephen5000
Expert
Message 1554 of 2,146

@awhakimwrote:

Your list of planned corrections doesn't seem to include all the keyboard shortcuts that save moving the mouse every time. I expect there are others, but these are useful ALL THE TIME.

Left arrow - go to next e-mail up the list

Right arrow - go to next e-mail down the list 

I really, really miss those buttons too!

0 Ratings
SnapperRod
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1555 of 2,146

Received "the new updated"  system 3 days ago - what a mess! What I find amazing is comments written on here about issues like the 'unexpected error' on email delete that was written in June, now the end of August, and the same issue still exists!! I also see repeatedly "Bt are aware and working on it" but months later nothing has been done. So what are Bt aware of and what are they working on? Certainly not working on the problems mentioned in this long thread!.

Rod - a very unhappy bunny with Bt

chrispy2
Beginner
Message 1556 of 2,146

Having such trouble with 'new' email system, which I actually think is a backward step.  Where are my email groups?  I have a list of main contacts, but can't get to my groups, which are really important!!  Do I have to set them all up again?  Really???

Also cannot delete an email from the email - have to go back to the list of emails eg inbox, to do so.  Why?

Generally much more difficult to use!

Joannei29
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1557 of 2,146

Me too, Rod.  It is the worst email system I have ever used. One of the most disturbing things is that it changes email addresses adding a forward slash - / - at the end of the name before @ - sometimes two slashes!   When I go to type in an address that I use on a daily basis, it brings up similar addresses which literally haven't been used for years, with the one I want either nowhere in sight or right down at the bottom of the list.  I too cannot believe people have been experiencing problems for months now and it is still performing so badly.  Whoever gave it the go ahead in its present form should be fired immediately.

goldmankind
Aspiring Expert
Message 1558 of 2,146

Running smoothly here

0 Ratings
jethro
Aspiring Expert
Message 1559 of 2,146

@JohnRH  wrote :

You might like to read this article which explains who is providing the email service (the definition of service here being stretched to infinity and beyond...).

-- and included a link to an article - I had difficulty pasting the link! The article had a link to Synchronoss ( the provider of the BT e-mail platform ) 

From the Synchronoss web site :

Synchronoss Email Suite
Provides Operators the back-end framework for branded, white label email service that’s reliable, consistent, and safe with the potential to introduce and promote services that can be monetized.

--------------------------

Hmmm!

0 Ratings
Stephen5000
Expert
Message 1560 of 2,146

@SnapperRodwrote:

So what are Bt aware of and what are they working on?

In answer to your question:-

https://community.bt.com/t5/Email/Email-migrations-Update-from-BT/td-p/2062527