cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1591 of 2,146

Re: Monstrous new BT email upgrade

@Joannei29 wrote:

When I close the programme, all the emails I have closed or even deleted appear one by one on my screen and I have to get rid of them all over again. You are most likely double clicking to open your emails. If you do that it opens them in a new window which you will need to close when you are finished. If you try just single clicking to open an email you will be able to read the email without it opening in a new window. 

If you can suggest any way I can actually speak to someone in BT I will be very grateful. If you want to speak to a customer service rep you need to call 0800.800.150.

0 Ratings
Message 1592 of 2,146

Thanks for the tip goldmankind.  I've been contacted by BT via Twitter asking if I'm still having problems following my tweet to them.  I hope I can enter into some sort of meaningful dialogue with them.  They say they're "on DM" but I don't know what DM is!  However, I've replied to ask how I can get in touch with them properly.

0 Ratings
Message 1593 of 2,146

@Joannei29wrote:

Thanks for the tip goldmankind.  I've been contacted by BT via Twitter asking if I'm still having problems following my tweet to them.  I hope I can enter into some sort of meaningful dialogue with them.  They say they're "on DM" but I don't know what DM is!  However, I've replied to ask how I can get in touch with them properly.

DM = Direct Message. Some social media have the ability to send direct messages person to person, rather than the default public forum...

0 Ratings
Message 1594 of 2,146

@goldmankindwrote:

@Joannei29  If you have a mobile  delete the mail on the phone instead. Blue mail  is your best mobile phone app  for Mail 

I think it tells you all you need to know that those who wish to offer 'sensible' routes to making individual experiences of BT Web Mail more palatable  - and I am one of them - urge the use of non BT email clients on PCs and non BT email apps on Mobiles - I use Thunderbird and Blue Mail like so many others, and apart from one or two things you have to use BT Web Mail for - like changing what goes into or stays out of SPAM - they're fine - but they're also NOT BT.

Which is saying - 'BT is great, so long as you don't use it'.

0 Ratings
Message 1595 of 2,146

@Jules68  People use Blue mail on the phone for all mail I have the BT mail for all the BT mail addresses and all the Gmail accounts on Blue mail on the mobile for the simple reason to notify me of emails either by push fetch or manual. This has nothing to do with BT mail not working. It's merely that the phone is on and notifies me instantly and a computer doesn't as I have to switch that on and log in.

Which is why as previously stated the first initial notification of mail is more likely to be by a mobile device.

So suggesting people use Blue mail because BT doesn't work is not true.

People use a combination of all methods to suit their needs

0 Ratings
Message 1596 of 2,146

@goldmankindwrote:

@Jules68  People use Blue mail on the phone for all mail I have the BT mail for all the BT mail addresses and all the Gmail accounts on Blue mail on the mobile for the simple reason to notify me of emails either by push fetch or manual. This has nothing to do with BT mail not working. It's merely that the phone is on and notifies me instantly and a computer doesn't as I have to switch that on and log in.

Which is why as previously stated the first initial notification of mail is more likely to be by a mobile device.

So suggesting people use Blue mail because BT doesn't work is not true.

People use a combination of all methods to suit their needs

Were you not aware that BT now has its own (not the Yahoo) Mobile app? I had assumed you were using Blue Mail because (like me) you had found BT's mobile app poor as well. You should try it. It too notifies you if you have email. But you can't use it to change your overall BT Mail settings.

0 Ratings
Message 1597 of 2,146

Another point that I noticed in Contacts the other day was the number of contacts recent emails sent that are now in the autocomplete folder . Ticking one of these only seemed to bring up a delete option.

If you do delete you than have the option to restore to any address book and edit if needed

0 Ratings
Message 1598 of 2,146

@Jules68  why would I use the BT mail app when Blue mail works for all mail.

I have tried the BT mail app on the phone and that worked fine thank you 

0 Ratings
Message 1599 of 2,146

I also have used Type mail and numerous other mobile mail app. The main reason for Blue mail is the ability to view all messages from one sender and delete hundreds of emails in one go

0 Ratings
Message 1600 of 2,146

@goldmankindwrote:

I also have used Type mail and numerous other mobile mail app. The main reason for Blue mail is the ability to view all messages from one sender and delete hundreds of emails in one go

So you would be agreeing with me that the BT supplied mobile app (which only allows BT accounts on it) is of less value/ use to you than one supplied by a third party? My point is that BT - nominally a communications company - is less good than others at supplying a working communications front-end to a key comms product - email?

I think the back-end of the system seems to be working fine (given one or two glitches for some people during the migration) - but the visible part of the system for some customers - the front end - is dire. Work arounds, for those who can use them, are fine. But that's like buying a car, finding it goes wrong, and then finding that only independent garages can fix it - that the manufactures own dealerships can't. How weird would that be?

0 Ratings