cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
goldmankind
Aspiring Expert
Message 1621 of 2,146

Re: Monstrous new BT email upgrade

@Joannei29  In Gmail you have the ability to decide if you are replying as the BT address or the Gmail address. 

0 Ratings
Joannei29
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1622 of 2,146

Do you have a link to this, please, goldmankind?  Not sure what mine is doing other than it's working ha ha.  

0 Ratings
Jules68
Expert
Message 1623 of 2,146

@JohnRHwrote:

@Joannei29 

Yes I know how you feel. I also felt an enormous relief to get back to a working email system. I described it like coming out of a blizzard into central heating. Most people take medication for blood pressure issues, you just changed email supplier, the NHS need to know theres a cheap medication free route.

Interesting my brother got an email from Yahoo....he has had a yahoo email address all the years he has been with bt........   fredbloggs@yahoo.co.uk .....he's not fred bloggs....

And it goes on at length about various options for him. So he is remaining with Yahoo.

So whoever the person was to say this some weeks back, you were right.

Nice that an email supplier takes an interest....

I think that may have been me - the only worry for him may be his BT ID which allows him access to MY BT etc. This is normally an email address and BT may look, or start to look, for one ending @btinternet.com - so he may have to create a BT email address just for that. Of course his Yahoo address may continue to work for him indefinitely in managing his BT account.

Of course, anyone can get an email address from Yahoo UK (I think) - and you could forward your BT mail to that address and continue to use Yahoo's Web Mail structure if you're used to that. It won't give you access to your past emails of course (unlike a client on IMAP) but it may be easier than the Gmail structure, if you're not used to that.

Stephen5000
Expert
Message 1624 of 2,146

@Joannei29wrote:

Do you have a link to this, please, goldmankind?  Not sure what mine is doing other than it's working ha ha.  

In Gmail, if you go in to 'settings', click on the tab, 'accounts & import'. There you should see the option to change the 'send mail as' option...

0 Ratings
Troutman17
Contributor
Message 1625 of 2,146

BT are providing the broadband service and allow a few email addresses with that. Maybe they should ditch all their email addresses - @btinternet.com, @btopenworld.com, @talk21.com, @rocketmail.com etc etc and stop charging exorbitant fees for poor service.
Troutman17
Contributor
Message 1626 of 2,146

It's all about profits Oddbodkin. Bet they'll include some **bleep** about global warming, carbon footprints and equal exchange soon to make us feel guilty while the shareholders aggregate their bitcoins and laugh all the way to their private islands. Customer Service has now become Orwell Speak - like Ministry of Truth. I can see my emails today - that's doubleplus good. Feel sorry for the poor souls that have to listen to our complaints. I hope they are paid enough and their pension scheme is secure.
JohnRH
Aspiring Expert
Message 1627 of 2,146

@Jules68 

Morning, yes it was you.

Thanks also for the thoughts about access to MyBT that's a good point. I'll phone him later and mention this.

Regards

0 Ratings
Jules68
Expert
Message 1628 of 2,146

@Troutman17wrote:
BT are providing the broadband service and allow a few email addresses with that. Maybe they should ditch all their email addresses - @btinternet.com, @btopenworld.com, @talk21.com, @rocketmail.com etc etc and stop charging exorbitant fees for poor service.

I recognise that this is satirical, but considering the loss of past messages, the loss of many people's ID with sites, the loss of access to MY BT, the need to inform multiple people of changes of address DON'T PUT IDEAS INTO THEIR HEADS

goldmankind
Aspiring Expert
Message 1629 of 2,146

@Joannei29  I shall find where the setting is next time on the computer. You had to pick the option to send and receive messages when setting up though.

Did you manage to get all the contacts moved over from BT to Gmail ?

Even though BT works fine here it's always good to have more options

0 Ratings
Stephen5000
Expert
Message 1630 of 2,146

@goldmankindwrote:

@Joannei29  I shall find where the setting is next time on the computer.  

mmm..., already posted, but who actually 'reads' this thread any more LOL

https://community.bt.com/t5/Email/Monstrous-new-BT-email-upgrade/m-p/2088116#M87779

0 Ratings