Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JohnRH
Aspiring Expert
Message 1651 of 2,146

Re: Monstrous new BT email upgrade

@gg30340 

Good example set just there as to how to deal with people, unhappy and frustrated people, who you don't agree with.

Tell me what does CL stand for?

0 Ratings
Oddbodkin
Aspiring Expert
Message 1652 of 2,146

@licquoricewrote:

Not sure how Ofcom would be interested in a dysfunctional UI. The mail service itself works just fine and it is not necessary to use the UI.

I'm paying for a service, therefore I expect it to work without my having to chase around for add-ons & alternatives. The mail service DOES NOT "work just fine" by any stretch of imagination.

Oddbodkin
Aspiring Expert
Message 1653 of 2,146

@gg30340wrote:

Presumably you have lodged a complaint to BT and gone through the BT complaints process to the point that you have not reached a satisfactory conclusion after eight weeks or you have obtained a deadlock letter. If so can you share the information that BT gave you about the complaint and if you did get a deadlock letter the reasons given in the letter so that it may help others to see what BT are doing about the problems.

https://www.ombudsman-services.org/how-it-works/process

I was called by someone from BT who stated they were aware of the issues & they would be addressed.

Three months down the line & I've heard nothing & going by BT's past sub standard CS performance, don't expect to, so will not waste any more time chasing them.

Oddbodkin
Aspiring Expert
Message 1654 of 2,146

@licquoricewrote:

You are totally missing my point. The email service is perfectly fine, it is the BT supplied User Interface that is the problem. It is not necessary to use the BT supplied User Interface. There are many free email clients available and if that is not an acceptable solution and a webmail interface is required, the mail can be forwarded to or fetched from one of the free email providers'  webmail interface.

Rubbish. I'm paying for a complete package, not one requiring external addendums & tweaks in order to function.

0 Ratings
petera3
Beginner
Message 1655 of 2,146

This is 20 year old technology with very few upgrades. Like others I'm looking for a better email programme.

You've let us all down BT?

I don't suppose for one minute BT will attempt to defend the indefensible by replying why they have introduced this 2nd rate email system?

I assumed wrongly that it would be as good, if not better, than the Yahoo Email Programme - How easy it is to assume that BT are looking after their Customers.

I await you waffle reply?

goldmankind
Aspiring Expert
Message 1656 of 2,146

For all the people not able to manage with the New and Improved BT Mail. 

There is always the AOL MAIL ( Always Off Line) as an alternative

Jules68
Expert
Message 1657 of 2,146

@gg30340wrote:

@Jules68wrote:

@gg30340wrote:

@Jules68wrote:

Oh my mistake, I didn't realise that you were the management and strategy team of "Fix BTMail" or that you had all the inside information on how BT would react to a customer complaining to Ofcom and how Ofcom would deal with the complaint.

So now you know - no worries...

0 Ratings
Anna70
Beginner
Message 1658 of 2,146

A key issue for me is that I get the 'insecure' message when I get e-mails from organisations like Amazon or Hermes for example, but the padlock is still there for incoming personal e-mails. Then, the  only way to get rid of the insecure message seems to be to log off, then log on, but don't open any e-mails from organisations!  Anyone else had this problem? Never ahd it with the old system. I've also got the same comments about layout and movement round the site already expressed - it really doesn't feel like an improvement to me, so far, and it's a small point, but the lack of colour to differentiate some of the screens sections makes it look unfinished. Maybe it is? 

0 Ratings
PACash123
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1659 of 2,146

Yes, same with me, I publish newsletters a month for all over the world, the bcc window will not let me do it!!! It keeps saying my email addresses are old and not used anymore, which is absolute rubbish.

0 Ratings
unwina
Expert
Message 1660 of 2,146

I wonder is it possible to have my email on the new BTeMail system forwarded to my other yahoo id - I got one when it was muted years ago that we would be migrated to BTeMail eventually and it was finally passed over this week. I've already ported all my calendar items to Google calendar so I can get useful reminders rather than a reminder that just send me the date and time info.

So now I am persevering with BTeMail but to be honest its so slow on my chrome latest browser, double screen loading in the detail section is not helping and deleting wrong emails because the system has not caught up is a pain as well is telling this system is still not ready yet and looking at the list of changes its going to be months before they get round to my issues even if I could be ars'd to list them - i have done some elsewhere.

I don't want to use offline systems as I struggle with disk space and carting my desktop pc around with me is not practical - yes i am being facetious here but I want a relevant webmail system not one that can't keep up because its being cobbled together as it goes along (more common than one might expect these days (iterative updating I think its called). 

On the other side the cynic in me is thinking that BT has got to get this working as they can't afford to pay yahoo to do this and the regulators are going to be requiring BT to either charge everyone for it or not be able to charge leavers for it when they jump ship to another company. time will tell I guess. Things are hotting up for companies that have holds on customers like these. (Not helping my shares in BT though I must admit ...)

0 Ratings