cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1901 of 2,024

Re: Welcome (back) to Yahoo - not quite?

@Jules68
Of course it is not too much to hope for. Hope springs eternal!
As the inhabitants of a Derbyshire village would say - we all live in Hope.
Let's hope someone at BT can really pay attention and fix this mess.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1902 of 2,024

Re: Monstrous new BT email upgrade

3 months since this thread was started and one month since the last update from BT shows that they aren't putting enough resources on the many fixes that are still outstanding.

Lack of posts here belies the fact that there are numerous other threads being opened every day complaining about this disastrous email update.

And others of course just make sure that the wider public know of the problems - we asked the audience and 93% rated BT email BAD
https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.btinternet.com

Tags (1)
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 1903 of 2,024

@Helenbackwrote:

And others of course just make sure that the wider public know of the problems - we asked the audience and 93% rated BT email BAD

With respect, quoting, 'trustpilot' is a non sensible analysis of overall performance. People are very likely to post a negative review of something they aren't happy with, whilst those that are perfectly satisfied, aren't. In that vein,

Virgin Media gets a 1 star review with 87% rating them bad.

Sky get a 1.5 star review with 81% rating them bad

EE get a 2 star review with 74% rating them bad

TalkTalk get a 1 star review with 93% rating them bad

etc. etc... No broadband supplier comes out covered in glory for the service they offer.

People who aren't happy are far more vociferous at whinging, than satisfied customers are at praising, just human nature. (Hence why you should take all those Amazon/Ebay reviews with a huge pinch of salt! )

Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 1904 of 2,024

I'm guessing, here, but I would not be surprised if the numbers of customers with truly horrendous experiences  (much worse than those generally described and being openly addressed) are actually quite limited, and reflect something about the set-up of their (and indeed my) computer. My partner's experience, though bad,  is less bad than mine, for instance. 

We are hearing from these here, and on the Trust Pilot site - what we don't have is the proportion of customers openly complaining as a proportion of those cut-over to the new Web Mail.

Which doesn't make the problems less heinous for those suffering them, who didn't have them with BT Yahoo Mail. But it would help to scale the issue. 

But, for a company like BT - with millions of customers,  Trust Pilot, and indeed these boards, are not in any sense a survey. I only visit these types of boards and post on them if my experience is bad - for 'utilities' such as BT is - if it's working OK - that's fine.

@Stephen5000wrote:

@Helenbackwrote:

With respect, quoting, 'trustpilot' is a non sensible analysis of overall performance. People are very likely to post a negative review of something they aren't happy with, whilst those that are perfectly satisfied, aren't. In that vein,

Virgin Media gets a 1 star review with 87% rating them bad.

Sky get a 1.5 star review with 81% rating them bad

EE get a 2 star review with 74% rating them bad

TalkTalk get a 1 star review with 93% rating them bad

etc. etc... No broadband supplier comes out covered in glory for the service they offer.

People who aren't happy are far more vociferous at whinging, than satisfied customers are at praising, just human nature. (Hence why you should take all those Amazon/Ebay reviews with a huge pinch of salt! )

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1905 of 2,024

I was on to BT earlier today regarding a non-email, problem and spoke to a very helpful agent via a chatbox. We got on to the subject of the "upgrade" disaster and they said:

BT is getting the change on the email as we had many customers facing issues with the email. The new update will be rolled out soon and this will be get the old version back and will resolve all the issues we have had our customers facing, The new update should be rolled out by 24/09/2020

Fingers crossed!

Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1906 of 2,024

I was on to BT earlier today regarding a non-email, problem and spoke to a very helpful agent via a chatbox. We got on to the subject of the "upgrade" disaster and they said:

BT is getting the change on the email as we had many customers facing issues with the email. The new update will be rolled out soon and this will be get the old version back and will resolve all the issues we have had our customers facing, The new update should be rolled out by 24/09/2020

Fingers crossed!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 1907 of 2,024

@DavidB2wrote:

Fingers crossed!

Probably good news, but, if you've spent any time updating and correcting your contacts in the New Version I would strongly recommend saving them 'just in case'. And saving or storing in a non-dynamic file any sent mail you have that you don't want to lose. Unless they've bought the IPR to Yahoo's Web Mail and can just upload it straight onto their servers. 

Oh - and if this is actually true (I'm not saying that this wasn't what @DavidB2 was told by a BT person, by the way) - good that we should hear this way, and not in a message to us (BT email customers already cut-over to BT Mail) all from BT explaining what is going to happen in just 9 days!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1908 of 2,024

@DavidB2  There isn't any going back to the old email BT Yahoo mail doesn't exist anymore

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 1909 of 2,024

Unless everyone has now been migrated, but how is one to know? it still does exist for some customers. But I agree it is very unlikely that those of us who have been moved will go back to a Yahoo run service. But we could move to a BT service using a licenced Yahoo front end. Though I'm not holding my breath on that one. 

Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1910 of 2,024

A week on Thursday - the clock is ticking (or not). Wonder if BT will have the courtesy to let everyone know - just like they told us about a "new" (adjective -1. not existing before; made, introduced, or discovered recently or now for the first time. or 2.  already existing but seen, experienced, or acquired recently or now for the first time.) and "improved" (Orwellian or Bizarro World speak) email system. Note that "new" does not imply better and how can the new email system be "improved" over the previous system - unless it is about cost only.