cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 1921 of 2,065

Re: Welcome (back) to Yahoo - not quite?

@ChesterDrawers 

I'm running an email client.

It downloads the webmail inbox to my system every few minutes of the day.

Therefore if webmail puts an incoming email into a spam box I will not see it.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 1922 of 2,065

You will if you have configured your client as IMAP and sync the Spam folder.

Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 1923 of 2,065

@Jules68wrote:

@Stephen5000wrote:

Ever forward! This morning, we appear to be on v2.17.3 (up from v2.17.1). Have no idea what has changed, but still no notification of receiving a 'new' email whilst logged in - maybe next week, eh?

Interesting, because, as of right now, I'm still on 2.17.1 - which means that upticks are not universal - those too are being 'rolled out'. And I'm still getting a 'non secure' flag, which can be removed by refreshing the whole page (not the folder refresh).

And no surprises that our colleague on this board was misinformed about BT's plans. A reverse ferret back to Yahoo did seem very unlikely.

Ah ha - to get into 2.17.3 you need not just to refresh the page but to log back in again completely anew. Not that there seems to be that much difference (though of course I don't know what I'm looking for, as unlike some packages it does not offer you a change log that I can find).

Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 1924 of 2,065

@JohnRHwrote:

Yet again I'm awaiting an email confirmation for a purchase, buying from a company I have used many times before, perhaps 10+ years. No email comes in. Then I go and check webmail and there it sits in the spam box despite having not blocked this sender or having any rules in the mail settings. My rules are now set up in my MS Outlook package.

So why is this happening? Exactly what in a simple email receipt can possibly be considered to be spam. Why does this happen when I have no rules set? If a customer runs MS Outlook then it seems that BT can still force them to check webmail to find potentially missing emails. This is twice now in some four or five weeks.

Is there anything that I am doing wrong or anything I can do to tell BT webmail to send everything and let me sort it?

The rules you set-up in MS Outlook will filter emails between the BT server and you - but will not have any impact on the BT server's own filtering algorithms - which are, frankly, dreadful. You've just put in a second stage filter. The only way you can alter what BT does is via its Web Mail service, which means marking the emails you want both as 'not spam' and as 'safe sender' if you want to receive more. Which you can't do from the same folder -  'not spam' must be from the spam folder and 'safe sender' from the inbox (or Settings). BT is aware of this lunacy and suggests it will at some stage be addressed.

The only way you can get (and not get) the emails you want is to tell the BT service via Web Mail. Hence, even if you are using a client you can't escape its dire clutches.

Yahoo (as BT Yahoo) had a much better and mores sensibly developed SPAM algorithm, which didn't exclude e.g. UK banks, Amazon etc. My ever growing list of safe senders is starting to look like a directory of legitimate UK commerce. Even messages from this site were spat out at the start!

Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1925 of 2,065

@JohnRH  common sense tells me to check the spam just the same as the inbox

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 1926 of 2,065

Re: Monstrous new BT email upgrade

@DavidB2 wrote:

Dear Sean,

Sorry, but I'm not going to drop the advisor I spoke to in it......

Perhaps you could also explain why many Helpline staff keep saying that @talk21.com addresses no longer exist, as they patently do!........

A bit of a conflict in your statements. You don't want an advisor who gave you incorrect information spoken to but you then go onto complain about advisors giving out incorrect information and would like an explanation as to why they were doing that.

Are you going to give the information so that they can be spoken to or are you not going "drop them in it" either so that they all continue to give out incorrect information.

Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1927 of 2,065

People  saying  that they had been told that we are reverting  back to BT Yahoo mail  is  pure  fantasy  and Rochdale  winning the FA cup  is a better bet 

Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1928 of 2,065

As I mentioned, the agent  who gave me information that Seán says is incorrect was not on the email team and was helping me with a different and unrelated BT problem. They were doing their best to be friendly and helpful and offer some positive news when I mentioned in passing my email problems which, it turned out, they have been having too.  It would be a different matter had I been given wrong information by the Premium Mail Helpline. In general, I have found the staff on there to be pleasant and keen to help but often woefully uninformed about the variety of issues many of us have been facing and with little help to offer. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 1929 of 2,065

The problem is that he was a BT Customer Service advisor and he misinformed you about the email migration which you apparently accepted as being correct by virtue of the post you made on here. 

It was obviously not "positive news"  because he was making it up as he went along and should not have given you incorrect information regardless of how well intentioned you feel he was trying to be. He is there to help customers with correct information supplied by BT and within his remit and level of training.

Had you not posted the "information"  here you would no doubt have been waiting for something that is not going to happen and when it did not happen you would probably feel annoyed that it had not taken place and you may well have complained about it as you have done with the advisors that misinformed you about your t21 email.

Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 1930 of 2,065

@licquorice 

I have configured my Outlook at POP3 which I prefer. But thanks for highlighting this.

Please, given that I have set nothing on my webmail to direct anything to spam, why are items being put into spam?

Will webmail 'learn' if I tell it that this particular item is not spam?

Thanks

0 Ratings