Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Troutman17
Contributor
Message 1991 of 2,146

Re: Monstrous new BT email upgrade

@MikeC42 

If you go to your email address name  (top right of browser window) e.g. fred.bloggs@btinternet.com and click on it, you will see settings. Click on that and a window will open like this:

Troutman17_1-1600596976009.png

If you click on contacts, is enable contacts autocomplete switched on? That's how it is on my system. Maybe that is the problem.

Or, go back to mail and click on contacts. You should see something like this:

Troutman17_2-1600597176374.png

Maybe look and edit individual emails - if you really have to - or look at the autocomplete section there.
Don't know if any of this helps but there don't seem to be any more under the bonnet settings showing.

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 1992 of 2,146

@MikeC42 wrote:

The new BT email will not let me reply to any emails I get.  I get an error message  "Invalid mail address, must have a domain part Err code: 501"  and means that I have to type out those people's email addresses again.   I have made an address book, and input all these people as contacts, but it won't let me enter their details as they look on incoming mails. This means that I have to delete all the emails in my reply and insert BT's version.  

Anyway, getting back to my 'reply to' and 'reply all' issues, can anyone recommend a simple solution for me please?

Mike

Have a look at this thread. It may be relevant and as it is being dealt with by a moderator if you post on it hopefully you will get a helpful reply.

https://community.bt.com/t5/Email/Invalid-mail-address-must-have-a-domain-part-Err-code-501/td-p/208...

In future, if you have a problem you are best to start a new thread as things posted on this thread tend to get lost in the quagmire and make follow up replies to an individual's problem difficult to follow.

MikeC42
Beginner
Message 1993 of 2,146

It's not my own username I am concerned with, it is the name(s) on the incoming mails that BT Mail won't allow replies to. It has no problem sending to their email addresses, it just won't allow replies to those usenames. It means that I have to strip out their username and replace that with one that does not have commas.
I note the next contributor suggest I go to another link and report there. I shall do that.
cheers
Mike

0 Ratings
MikeC42
Beginner
Message 1994 of 2,146

Thanks gg3034, I shall try that link.
Mike
0 Ratings
Troutman17
Contributor
Message 1995 of 2,146

@MikeC42 

@gg30340 

I went over there and, over many days, they have run a script to remove a comma that is getting caught up in the new system (although it was fine before - hey ho!). Some (I think those who complain and directly message the guy dealing with it) are getting results. Others are getting 501 and now 1006 errors.
Not really being solved yet. 10 days into the problem.

Maybe directly contact DarrenW who is dealing with it. The thread says solved, but problems are still ongoing.

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 1996 of 2,146

@Troutman17 wrote:

Noted.

Sareena
Beginner
Message 1997 of 2,146

Yes I totally agree   I been with them 20 years and I am leaving.

Its not user friendly !!!!!!

Whoever designed it needs to be sacked.  They call it an upgrade..Are they kidding me. **bleep** **bleep**

I am livid.

Sareena
Beginner
Message 1998 of 2,146

Totally agree  I have written a a post too

**bleep**

Person who designed it needs to lose their job. What were they thinking ? x

0 Ratings
Sareena
Beginner
Message 1999 of 2,146

Dear Wolfie.

I am glad its not just me. I thought I was going crazy !

Its awful.  I have written a post saying its appalling etc..

Shouldn't call it an Upgrade.. More like a BIG DISAPPOINTMENT !!

0 Ratings
Sareena
Beginner
Message 2000 of 2,146

Totally agree, have written a post saying its APPALLING  !

0 Ratings