cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bob37
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2001 of 2,146

BT Email

I have recently been changed over from BT Yahoo mail to BT mail and I am very disappointed that there are some issues that I now cannot do with BT mail.

Would it be possible to make alteration when you next update BT Mail  for the following:-

(1). There is no Email Background Options for birthday, Christmas and other’s.

(2). You cannot resize or move a pictures when added to Email.

(3)  When moving files to your folders it takes three moves to do this would it be possible to put move on the menu bar.

0 Ratings
ChesterDrawers
Contributor
Message 2002 of 2,146

Re: Monstrous new BT email upgrade

@Sareena  I quite like it lol

0 Ratings
Sareena
Beginner
Message 2003 of 2,146

Well that is good news for BT  LOL   

You must be more computer savvy than me !! 

I cannot get my head around it. Lost 2 important emails today trying to move into a folder.  all sorts of things.

Anyway good luck with it x

0 Ratings
DISRUPTED
Contributor
Message 2004 of 2,146

Re: Monstrous new BT email upgrade - not accepting k/b input?

So, replying to a mail, typing away, hit 'carriage return' in typist speak (the enter key or CR, LF in code) and start to type a salutation and...  nothing.  Cursor is there but no text appears. Have to go back a line or some other kind of messing around. I've noticed it before but thought it must be something to do with the mail I was replying to but now seen it several other times when using webmail for a reply (which isn't that often). Doesn't seem to like carriage returns on occasions.

Anyone else seen this?

0 Ratings
JohnRH
Aspiring Expert
Message 2005 of 2,146

@Sareena 

Morning.

Just to help the flow....sorry I can't help with the BT email, it's awful, when you reply, at the point when you've got the text box open and about to type then hit the @ key. That produces a list of recent posters and you can select the one you are replying to as I have here for you. This makes it easy for someone else to see who your reply relates to.

This forum is full of useful information and if nothing else you'll see you're not alone in all this.

I like you have been with BT for a long time but at the end of this contract I'm going if only to make a protest. It's the only thing we can do.

0 Ratings
Troutman17
Contributor
Message 2006 of 2,146

@DISRUPTED 

Yes, I have seen this a few times and had to manually put it right. I think you may be replying in rich text format (RTF) as HTML is not available in this "new" and "improved" BT mail system. You do have the choice of switching to plain text, I suppose. Also, I notice that there is no way of setting the default font in R.T.F. You have to switch it every time you send an email (e.g.  serif, bold, italic, green) and sometimes the R.T.F. is corrupted mid stream or you hit a block of plain text and have to start again or, as you say, go back a line or start typing somewhere where there is R.T.F. code.

Also noticed that some emails from advertisers contains embedded HTML and pictures which do not render properly. They used to be fine with the "old" and "superior" BTYahoo mail system.

Maybe someone from BT will see this and add it to the TODO list? The list is now rivalling War and Peace.

0 Ratings
Oddbodkin
Aspiring Expert
Message 2007 of 2,146

@DISRUPTEDwrote:

So, replying to a mail, typing away, hit 'carriage return' in typist speak (the enter key or CR, LF in code) and start to type a salutation and...  nothing.  Cursor is there but no text appears. Have to go back a line or some other kind of messing around. I've noticed it before but thought it must be something to do with the mail I was replying to but now seen it several other times when using webmail for a reply (which isn't that often). Doesn't seem to like carriage returns on occasions.

Anyone else seen this?

Lots of us.

There's a simple fix which worked on my PC but I've forgotten what it is & need to use it on my laptops too.

0 Ratings
dazbon
Contributor
Message 2008 of 2,146

Yep they must be one of the few out there that does. I suppose that at least it has improved somewhat since the first version & hopefully it will continue to do so.

0 Ratings
BoardRoom
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2009 of 2,146

After several years of first being informed that my email was being upgraded and moving from Yahoo to BT it finally happened on 19th Sept 2020.

I have relied on the web mail interface as I many hundreds of folders and the BT servers are so slow (compared to Gmail) that when I use an email client (I have tried several using IMAP) it takes ages for them to download and update all the folders.

What on earth have they done to the web mail I have come to rely on?!!

Finding emails from sender x or with subject x

Previouly there was search icon next to the senders address and the subject. One click on the search icon and instantly all the relevent emails were listed.

Now if I want to search by sender I have find their email address and type it in the search box!! I cant even copy and paste it because when I select the address, a popup appears asking "create new contact / add to existing contact" which disables the copy function using either the keyboard or right click. Grrrr!!

MOVING MESSAGES

Previously I selected the message/s, click on move and a list would appear of my folders with a seach box at the top, I could type in the first few chararcters of the folder name and it would appear instantly. Now I have to scroll down labouriosuly to locate the folder. I have hundreds of folders so this is totally unuseable for me!!!

Is there a wish list for the "new" BT web mail where I can add the above feedback.

For me the web mail interface is now totally unuseable without those features I took for granted!!

I am very p***ed off. 😠 😡

B R

awhakim
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2010 of 2,146

The "Invalid mail address Error 501" is very easily fixed. If you are replying to someone with an email name in the format "Smith, Fred", 'Send' takes that as two addresses, even if it's in quotes.

Just click on the name to make it editable, delete the comma, and all will be well.

It would be better if the developers corrected this bug, but this will tide us over.