Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Troutman17
Contributor
Message 2011 of 2,146

Re: Monstrous new BT email upgrade

@awhakim 

They already say they have, but it is not working for everyone. Your solution is the best for people to fix this problem themselves.

DarrenW from BT is trying to fix it - please see link below:

501 Error 

0 Ratings
Barnsworth
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2012 of 2,146

I work on an iPad and experience very different problems to those using PCs.  However a number of Forum users were very helpful in explaining how I can divert incoming BT Mail to my gmail account.  I’ve been successful in doing this and am eternally grateful.

Now I’d like to pick your brains on something else.  Does anyone know of a way I can transfer my entire BT Inbox and Sent folders to my gmail account?  The reason I want to do this is that my Search function doesn’t work on BT Mail (it does on gmail).  Any ideas?  

0 Ratings
ChesterDrawers
Contributor
Message 2013 of 2,146

@Barnsworth  In gmail under settings Accounts and imports there is a setting read mail from other accounts. As far as I know that will import all the mail in the inbox and sent folders

0 Ratings
Sareena
Beginner
Message 2014 of 2,146

I share your views. I am so frustrated.

Cant search for something unless you know which folder it is In. !! Then often it doesn't find it.

When you go into the search all folders, it doesn't come up with anything most times.

When you move a an email into a folder, you have to hover in about 3 different places, which is difficult.

It was so easy before.

All my original contacts have gone, instead I have email addressees of people I wrote to 4 years ago, and never since.

I am P **SED OFF..    Was it a robot designed this - without a thought for us !  Not user friendly

DISRUPTED
Contributor
Message 2015 of 2,146

Re: Monstrous new BT email upgrade - v=2.17.4

v=2.17.4

I've just spent over half an hour drafting a reply to someone and when I go to send it the system responds "Error".

Yet another 'bug'.

Next:

DISRUPTED_0-1601012253754.png

5 mins.....  Zzzzzzz....

JohnRH
Aspiring Expert
Message 2016 of 2,146

@DISRUPTED 

Every few days I come along to see how things are going and despair when I read these comments.

I renewed my contract with BT at the end of May and complained bitterly about the new email system and was assured it was being sorted. In four months I fail to see any 'sorting' going on just random tinkering.

This is complete and utter incompetence.

Troutman17
Contributor
Message 2017 of 2,146

@DISRUPTED 

@JohnRH 

I have seen the same thing when replying. It may be that the sender's email contains some code that the "new" and "improved" BT email system cannot handle. For example, if someone sends me a large picture or an item with certain HTML code in it, my reply gives an error - it is not even saved as a draft. All I can say, for now, is copy and paste the email content and your reply into a text file in case you get this error. It will save a lot of wasted time and rage.

I am keeping my text editor open all the time with webmail as it is so frustrating to get this error message and the reply is not even saved as a draft.

Cheap and miserable (rather than cheap and cheerful) springs to mind with the "new" and "improved" BT email system. They took on more than they could handle and someone deserves to get their ear seriously bent over this, and not some poor call centre operative or community forum moderator/maintainer. Some "bright graduate" - probably in mafia economics has ruined this for us PERMANENTLY. Looks like there is no going back and I cannot see the organisation spending a fortune to get the mail system at least as good as BTYahoo was. These are the days of John Smith economics and the return to Hogarth's Gin Alley. It's all about digits in bank accounts (money).

As you say, JohnRH - "complete and utter incompetence". Orwell's 1984 or Superman's Bizarro World is alive and well. Just double speak and apologies from employees who want to be upbeat and keep their jobs.

Stephen5000
Expert
Message 2018 of 2,146

Anyone got an idea of what difference there is between v2.17.3 and v2.17.4? Normally a developer will offer up some release notes announcing the difference/improvements, I've googled to death and can find nothing...

dazbon
Contributor
Message 2019 of 2,146

Yeah not a scoobie! & appears worse at opening emails than .3, what is going on?

On the plus side, it does at least open the emails but does struggle so & therefore I wonder if we are going backwards or whether it will settle when someone at BT sorts it "on the fly" I guess.

0 Ratings
JohnRH
Aspiring Expert
Message 2020 of 2,146

@Troutman17 

Actually according to various reports this isn't actually BT but a sub contractor of theirs or rather a bought in package.

synchronoss.com 

Scroll down the bottom of the page.

It was reported here.

Ispreview 

0 Ratings