Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 1011 of 2,146

Re: Monstrous new BT email upgrade

@kenyoj wrote:

Another quirky thing if you delete an email it goes to trash and not to deleted messages. My deleted folder contains stuff from 2018/19.

The "Trash" folder is the BTMail trash folder. If you have a "Deleted Messages" folder this may be because you have a device such as your iPhone with an email client/app set up as an IMAP account and the "Deleted Messages" folder is being replicated from that email client/app.

0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 1012 of 2,146

Re: Terrible new email "upgrade" - is BT even listening?

@Stephen5000   Of course it shows the sent email address under the date in the email click on the little man, it reveals the name

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 1013 of 2,146

Thank you Distinguished Sage thats helpful- Will check this out
0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 1014 of 2,146

@goldmankindwrote:

@ArgirUK  Regarding Folders that's how it works Alphabetical order first with upper case then in Alpha with lower case So Z comes before a.  Change the lowercase folders to Uppercase first letter if you want all the Folders in order

It is worthwhile saying that most modern software (for instance Microsoft in the way it organises files 'alphabetically') operates Numbers first, followed by letters where 'a' and 'A ' are treated as equivalents - A-Z followed by a-z is at best unusual, not to say counter intuitive.  But then unusual and counter intuitive seems to have been the watch word for this software design. I have a feeling that A-Z followed by a-z was in Basic, or Cobol or even Fortran - nothing designed since about 1985 anyway.  Clearly such a modern system as Yahoo (1995?) didn't subscribe to it. Happy to stand corrected, of course.

Aspiring Expert
Message 1015 of 2,146

goldmankind

beat you to it a few posts back, but thanks anyway!

Now, if you could get my 'calendar' to work, I'd be well impressed LOL

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 1016 of 2,146

@Stephen5000 wrote:

Now, if you could get my 'calendar' to work, I'd be well impressed LOL

If you post what the problem is you may get some help meanwhile have a look at this link about synchronising the Calendar in case that is your problem.

https://www.bt.com/help/email/we-ve-updated-your-email

0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 1017 of 2,146

As I said, the From tab, other wise I'd have said click on the sender's address.

I have to refresh the browser page

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 1018 of 2,146

@Oddbodkin wrote:

As I said, the From tab, other wise I'd have said click on the sender's address.

I can not replicate the problem. The "From" tab affects the ordering of the list and obviously should not need the whole page refreshed when you use it.  Have you tried clearing your browser's history and cookies and have you tried a different browser to see if it is a browser problem.

0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 1019 of 2,146

Another annoying thing - considering that the new system has been putting legitimate mail into SPAM - I have to keep visiting the SPAM folder to check what I've now lost - but when you hover, in WebMail, over the SPAM folder it tells you that there are 'Total 0 emails; Unread 0 emails' (or it tells me) - only when you click on the folder do SPAM messages reveal themselves. Luckily the phone app is more communicative, and will show you whether there are unread messages in Spam with an indicator. [Although I use a client, generally, making alterations to the status of senders, to 'blocked' or 'safe' sender has to be done within the WebMail service]. 

If I thought we were really being used as unpaid beta-testers, and that someone in BT was repairing the system based on our reports I would be (slightly) more relaxed - but as I have said I believe an untried system was rushed out because senior management had agreed a final cut-over from Yahoo management - and that there are no funds (or staff) to make any repairs.

This smacks of cost-cutting. The issue of trapping people through internet e-mail addresses to remain broadband customers which has now hit the news feeds (not just BT, of course) is exacerbated when the only 'free' system BT offers non broadband users is so terribly flawed. Broadband customers can escape the worst through clients, but that option is only open to Premium non broadbanders. This terrible service actually would add to the charges on BT that they are acting anti-competitively. 'You can retain your primary e-mail for free, so long as you are prepared to have a completely useless and frustrating e-mail service, which will only work on a PC, and we use the word 'work' advisedly' I suspect may not go down that well with Ofcom. Or at least it shouldn't. Though I don't think that's BT's aim (they're just not that well organised) - just a result of thoughtless cost-cutting.

Aspiring Expert
Message 1020 of 2,146

@gg30340wrote:

@Oddbodkinwrote:

I can not replicate the problem. The "From" tab affects the ordering of the list and obviously should not need the whole page refreshed when you use it.  Have you tried clearing your browser's history and cookies and have you tried a different browser to see if it is a browser problem.

Don't you think a grown-up internet company and ISP should be writing its own flagship mail service so that it works on all browsers? Yahoo managed. I do know that there are sometimes cache problems with any browser, but when you get companies that write their web pages clearly optimised around only one browser they are normally not really that interested in the internet. I can tell you that it's pretty flaky on Chrome; which means that for modern Edge it will be pretty flaky as well. If changing browser really is a fix for @Oddbodkin then, unless he/she is using a really old version of a browser that's a problem for BT, not for him/ her. Although, as I've said, any browser can have cache issues.