cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CanalDigger
Contributor
Message 1421 of 2,146

Re: Monstrous new BT email upgrade

In an attempt to bring some light relief into this never ending story ...

The Conspiracy Theory:

There is an alternative theory to all this ...., it's not BT's fault, but the Chinese/ Russians/ ?? hacking into the system and reading/ blocking our emails.

If you never see any more messages from me again ....

0 Ratings
smm
Contributor
Message 1422 of 2,146

I heard that problems only arose after BT started using the cheaper cubic electrons (when you buy in bulk you can fit more in a box) and which have caused all the  problems with BTinternet's  new and yes sardonically 'improved' email service , as they getting stuck in the wires!

SMM

Stephen5000
Expert
Message 1423 of 2,146

@smmwrote:

I heard that problems only arose after BT started using the cheaper cubic electrons (when you buy in bulk you can fit more in a box) and which have caused all the  problems with BTinternet's  new and yes sardonically 'improved' email service , as they getting stuck in the wires!

SMM

Yes, but I read if you squirt WD40 in the LAN sockets of your router, it frees the little electrons up, and you go back to normal 😂

0 Ratings
JohnRH
Aspiring Expert
Message 1424 of 2,146

Re: I think I now understand the PDF issue...

@Stephen5000 

I never use that 'feature' but just checked it out and see what you mean.

I have another issue that I have had all along.

I often send emails to people with link in them to direct them to products they need.

I copy the link from my browser.

I click on the little chain icon, 4th from the right as here.

Capture.JPG

It then enables me to enter text in a box, say "the boiler you need" and then insert the copied link into the lower box. Saying that I often put the link in both boxes because I will have already said something about what I am sending.

However after this pressing OK does insert the link in blue and underlined as normal, then pressing return to put my cursor on the next line, the text remains blue and underlined most of the time.

Ok I know all I have to do is remove the underlining and change the text colour to blue but again this should be automatic to take you back to whatever font, text colour etc you were using before inserting the link.

It's pathetic.

However at least BT has remained up (so far) today.

0 Ratings
CanalDigger
Contributor
Message 1425 of 2,146

I have a friend who claims that rather than electrons moving along wires there is smoke, the proof being that occasionally it escapes!
0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 1426 of 2,146

Ok guys lets try to keep it on topic. 😉

Cheers

David

JohnRH
Aspiring Expert
Message 1427 of 2,146

@DavidM 

Ok David lets keep this on topic.

On 26th May I signed up to a 2 year BT contract. On 30th May I rang BT and complained about the email and said that I was seriously thinking about leaving within the 14 day period because of the continual problems. I was told it was being sorted.

I fail to see any "sorting" going on and no sensible timetable for doing so apart from some fairly arbitary dates for unspecified further updates.

Why should I be kept to my contract when clearly I am not getting the service I expected and am paying for?

0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 1428 of 2,146

Thanks for the reply @JohnHR,

I can completely understand where you're coming from. I know how frustrating this is for you, I have BT Mail myself. We're working through these issues and you might notice quite a few problems have been resolved. Out community manager @SeanD keeps the Email Migrations thread up to date as and when we get the updates from the email guys. I'm sorry I can't be more specific in regards to your own issues but please be assured these issues have been reported and are being looked into.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
JohnRH
Aspiring Expert
Message 1429 of 2,146

@DavidM 

Thanks for the reply but that's not satisfactory.

If I had wanted to be part of a beta test I would have expected to have been asked, I might have volunteered but I honestly doubt it, I have better things to do in life. The change appeared out of the blue, no warning which really annoys me because it would have been good to have backed up my contacts at the very least.

It appears after talking to others that we all haven't been switched over and I understand it will be in batches so I assume we are in effect a beta test group.

Many years back as part of my work we installed a new fire alarm system in a major building. The manufacturers wanted to test a completely new type of system before releasing it onto the market and after quite some discussion we agreed. In return we got a priority level of service to deal immediately with any issues that arose and we got the system at low cost. We on the other hand had to deal with snagging all the initial installation and day to day problems and keeping an detailed record of everything we did even when the system was functioning without any issues.

My point is that it was a two way thing. This isn't, we've had no choice in this and we're picking up the tab (edited....in wasted time, inconveniece etc) while you get paid the full amount.

0 Ratings
Stephen5000
Expert
Message 1430 of 2,146

Out community manager @SeanD keeps the Email Migrations thread up to date as and when we get the updates from the email guys.

Cheers

David

@DavidM

One of the updates I am waiting on has been stated to be fixed in v2.17, may I ask how I check what 'version' of email I am using? I can't see an obvious way of checking...

0 Ratings