cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1581 of 2,146

Re: Monstrous new BT email upgrade

@Stephen5000  mine works so Ive no complaints    plus BT does  BT sport which is more Important than a few minor email niggles. Emails are a pretty minor thing to be worrying about now in the current climate

0 Ratings
Message 1582 of 2,146

@Stephen5000 

I wish people here would see that a certain contributor who has for weeks been telling us that their system is fine is simply trying to wind you all up. You would all be better to ignore and do not respond to comments.

Meanwhile I'm going to contact the moderators about this.

Message 1583 of 2,146

@JohnRH  contact the mods end of the day my email works. What will be your next fault finding campaign when BT works to your exacting standards

I thought you had left BT anyway, but still come here to complain

0 Ratings
Message 1584 of 2,146

@goldmankindwrote:

@JohnRH  contact the mods end of the day my email works. What will be your next fault finding campaign when BT works to your exacting standards

I thought you had left BT anyway, but still come here to complain

I have already posted this once, but I'll do it again - My partner and I both have BT Web Mail - she was cut-over only a couple of days ago. Hers seems to work quite fine (well apart from all the acknowledged errors which BT itself has said it is addressing in a number of different planned updates). Mine is a full dog's breakfast as described by multiple posters here. BT Yahoo mail worked fine for both of us. So it is clear that many of us (who are posting here) have some configuration (or configurations) on our machines (not 'our accounts' as has been suggested I would propose) that are not compatible with BT Web Mail as designed (much as many people have incompatibilities with Microsoft's updates - which even Microsoft acknowledge as their bad, not their customers').

Clearly the back end works OK as most of us with problems can manage through clients perfectly well - so it is the Web Mail coding where the problem lies. And many people cannot use clients because they can't upload them onto office managed machines or because they use other people's machines for email access.

Web Mail on our machines is possible (the BT Yahoo version worked OK) - so it is BT's Web Mail coding which is cause the problems.

BT will test its versions on 'clean' machines - dedicated PCs used only for this work - so incompatibilities will not be being thrown up. I doubt whether there is more on these than an operating system and the major browsers in use.

To make it clear - some people don't have problems, some do - but those problems are of BT's manufacture and it is up to BT to correct them (as it is up to Microsoft to provide software updates which work on all their windows machines). 

It is very unhelpful to constantly brag that you don't have problems when its clear that others do. There are too many posters on this site for suggestions that it's all in the mind, or that you're being too picky, of that's it's your fault to be anything other than well, deeply upsetting, frankly. If it works for you, that's great, but telling people that is not going to make it work for them. It was helpful to know that peoples experiences were mixed - it may help BT in their diagnostics, but really...

Message 1585 of 2,146

@Jules68 

The one lesson worth learning here is to back up your data, contacts, address book etc.

I installed MS Outlook some two weeks back. It took half a day and since then all has been hunky dory.

However the added benefit was that I recovered most of the lost email contacts because my whole email history resided in those files together with a comprehensive address book.

Now I am lucky to have access to Outlook and I know there are other free email clients but from experience the average punter doesn't understand such software or how to set it up. I can think of many friends who simply do not understand where their emails reside and so depend on webmail with all the problems it has brought for a few who have been moved. There are those "out there" who still reside on the old pre upgrade system and my brother who remains with Yahoo. So I'm not surprised that millions might well be happy, they haven't been moved over yet.

Message 1586 of 2,146

I too have had additional email addresses added to emails I've sent.  As you say, a serious breach of data protection.  I am loathe to move to another provider as I have an enormous list of important contacts and am worried I won't notify everyone of my change of address.  However, I cannot go on working in this way without knowing that improvements are going to be made - and soon.

I also agree that Goldmankind and others boasting that the system works for them are being extremely unhelpful.  Clearly some of us are experiencing major problems and I really don't see the point of them doing a free PR job for BT when the rest of us are having an extremely difficult time.  I can only assume they have nothing more important to do than post here.  I certainly wouldn't be wasting my time doing so if my email were working properly.

Message 1587 of 2,146

@Joannei29 

Evening.

Yes I am going to follow the same logic and so I'm going to go into John Lewis to see the manager and tell him that my TV is working just fine, I am sure he will be pleased to know.....

Anyway. I found myself in the same annoying position as yourself. To be fair to certain contributors it was mentioned to use an email client. All I can say is that it was worth the effort and now all seems fine. So I would suggest if this present situation is getting to you like it was me then perhaps try the same and see how it goes.

Yes it's annoying, yes we shouldn't have to but if it solves your email issues then it's the lesser of evils.

I am sure someone here will have experience using Thunderbird if you don't have access to MS Outlook.....other email clients are available.....as they say on certain programmes.

0 Ratings
Message 1588 of 2,146

@Joannei29  If you look back you will see that I have on numerous occasions provided help and assistance to people who come on and say this or that doesn't work or this is missing. When it's there all the time.

Whereas other just feel the need to complain as if they are on here 24/7 writing and sending emails 

0 Ratings
Message 1589 of 2,146

I'm afraid I haven't had time to read everything on here.  I can't tell you how frustrated I am with the new system and my frustration is even worse because it doesn't seem as though anyone at BT is listening - or even cares.  When I close the programme, all the emails I have closed or even deleted appear one by one on my screen and I have to get rid of them all over again.  From time to time I can't even open an email - I can't put a tick in the box on the left-hand side to delete it either and the programme opens the email above instead of the one I am attempting to open.  I am totally fed up and tired to boot.  If you can suggest any way I can actually speak to someone in BT I will be very grateful.

0 Ratings
Message 1590 of 2,146

@Joannei29  If you have a mobile  delete the mail on the phone instead. Blue mail  is your best mobile phone app  for Mail 

0 Ratings