cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1601 of 2,146

Re: Monstrous new BT email upgrade

But the analogy is all wrong, BT are providing the mail service and should just stick to that rather than also providing the mechanism to view them. A better analogy is expecting the BBC to provide television sets to view their programmes.

0 Ratings
Message 1602 of 2,146

@licquoricewrote:

But the analogy is all wrong, BT are providing the mail service and should just stick to that rather than also providing the mechanism to view them. A better analogy is expecting the BBC to provide television sets to view their programmes.

I don't think a software front-end is analogous to a TV or Mobile - it is rather more analogous to, for instance the BBC i-player - which the BBC does in fact provide. As it fully integrates with Freeview. If you want to go down that route, then it is as if you couldn't easily watch BBC programmes on Freeview, but would have to access via Netflix or Amazon prime, (or for that matter Sky - which does carry those programmes).

0 Ratings
Message 1603 of 2,146

My fixed Mail is still OK (fingers crossed) , but each of 3 separate Mobile apps now refuses to refresh or accept (as they demand I log in again - as 'my token has expired' - BT's app phrase )- my @btinternet.com details.  BT's own mobile app is particularly annoying as it sends me to a wholly unhelpful page describing how Yahoo is no longer!

Just another glitch in a dreadful service I suppose - or possibly BT paying me back for saying that their interfaces don't work well.

But now I no longer have mobile mail.

Edited to add - I deleted and re-installed the BT app - it tells me 'Sorry, you need to take some action on your account before we can sign you in' and when I click on More Info it takes me to 

https://www.bt.com/help/email/what-s-the-bt-email-app-and-how-do-i-get-it-

which (since I've got it) is as helpful as a chocolate tea-pot.

0 Ratings
Message 1604 of 2,146

Oh, and when I click on the Web Mail inbox to 'refresh' it I get an error message and the same number of e-mails that I deleted on my client are still counted. This is frankly just terrible.
0 Ratings
Message 1605 of 2,146

I can still send myself emails to my PC client from Gmail, and I have received an external e-mail as well to my PC client, but the BT Web Mail page still throws up errors and shows no incoming mail.
0 Ratings
Message 1606 of 2,146

I have now managed to resolve many of the mail problems, which weren't inherent to BT Mail (as far as I can judge) but a consequence of a wrong flag on my BT account which caused a number of log-ins and passwords to reset (not just BT Mail). It did not help that the information being fed back through the system was at best opaque - so it took time to get as far as I have. There are still problems to resolve (all of BT's making by putting up incorrect account flags which no one seems authorised to remove) but they are not Mail coding problems. I am glad that that pain was just mine.
Message 1607 of 2,146

Reply to e mails

I don't normally moan, but the move to BT E mail has been, for me, a daily, frustrating disaster. When I receive an e mail, on some, a lot, I click on reply and I get "Error - invalid address ...[error code 501]". Logically to receive the e mail it has to be a valid address, anyone else in the same boat?

I have one distribution list of 50 plus, it took me several week to realise BT E mail only does 49 on a list.

Folders were random, thank god, this week they have become alphabetical.

When I copy my list from excel to blind copy I get error code 003 - still no answer from Bt on this one - any clues anyone?

I can now use calendar again after learning to unclick "compose message in rich text format."

I am sorry but it's not been good, and the system is clunky as compared to BT Yahoo.

Very frustrated.

0 Ratings
Message 1608 of 2,146

Glad to hear that you are getting somewhere .

0 Ratings
Message 1609 of 2,146

Another new bug has come to light, unless it's in the 1500 posts made before I joined in.

When an email address is in the format "Smith, John" <johnsmith@btinternet.com>, the new e-mail ignores the quotes and treats it as two addresses, one incomplete, and refuses to send the e-mail. I need hardly add that the error message doesn't make clear what's wrong. Fortunately I have years of experience deciphering error messages.

Removing the comma gets the e-mail away, but BT needs to recognise quotes correctly. Are you listening, BT?

0 Ratings
Message 1610 of 2,146

Incessant "unexpected error" messages & the page failing to reload after deleting emails.

You've had NEARLY three months to fix this disastrous failure BT.

One can only assume customer service is VERY low on your list of priorities.

0 Ratings