cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
goldmankind
Aspiring Expert
Message 611 of 2,146

Re: Monstrous new BT email upgrade

maybe its  going to spam  because  your inbox is flooded with BT Community  mail    Solution  rename spam Inbox mk 2 

gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 612 of 2,146

@Jules68 wrote:

. So I had to put them in  a 'safe senders' list. But that's an effort. 

If you want to add a received email address to the "safe sender" list all you need to do is tick the box on the left hand side of your list of emails and then go to "more" in the menu bar and select "safe sender" and it will be added to your list.

If you have the email open, all you need to do is either click on "more" as above or move your mouse into the body of the email and a "reply all" arrow and a down arrow will appear at the right hand side. Click on the down arrow (more) and then select "Safe sender" 

0 Ratings
Jules68
Expert
Message 613 of 2,146

Thank you, not intuitively clear
0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 614 of 2,146

It is if you check out all the menu buttons.

0 Ratings
Jules68
Expert
Message 615 of 2,146

But I had a life...once... I would have put it on the button which allows you to file to folder etc when you right click on the message rather than on an otherwise unmarked button. Which duplicates some, but not all, and in a different order, of the commands in the right click drop downs.
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 616 of 2,146

The "More" button in the menu bar is not unmarked and the other button is named when you hover over it. Maybe if you spent some time checking out all the menu buttons you will find other things that you are unaware of.

0 Ratings
Jules68
Expert
Message 617 of 2,146

OK - so: when I searched within the BT Web Mail app to find out how to mark up safe senders it did not point me to your handy shortcuts but instead through the rigmarole of going into Settings to change it. True, I didn't click on every button and mark on the page, I was trying to get on with stuff, but I followed the 'obvious' route of asking FAQs. The fact remains that its SPAM algorithms which point communications from this Community, and multiple Amazon addresses, as SPAM are not well designed. I want to use SPAM buttons to point safe but unwanted communications into SPAM, not to have to search in SPAM for items which should have got through. And which did get through via Yahoo. And I don't frankly have the time to hover over messages waiting for them to change so that I can click on them. This may be a problem with Chrome, but that's only the most popular browser out there at the moment. I want the thing to work out of the box, intuitively, not to spend my time looking for fixes in multiple places. BT has had years, literally, it was 5 or 6 years ago that it started to move away from BT Yahoo Mail, to get this right, with many examples it could have chosen to learn from. Today (a week after I was arbitrarily cut over, with no notice) I was emailed by BT welcoming me to my 'new and improved' e-mail system. BT has a quite different interpretation than I on what 'improvement' entails. And it doesn't look like this.
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 618 of 2,146

I do not use the BTMail app on my mobile devices, instead preferring to use a third party email app so I can not comment on what the BTMail app can or can not do.

As regards your comments about spam  I can not assist you with that.

I was trying to assist you to cut down on the amount of effort you had to expend when placing email addresses into your "safe sender" list because you said " I had to put them in  a 'safe senders' list. But that's an effort"  but it would appear that even that is too much effort and not intuitive enough for you so I will leave you to muddle through.

0 Ratings
goldmankind
Aspiring Expert
Message 619 of 2,146

Regarding BT Community mail  going into Spam. Ticking Box  and then More  then looking for safe Sender in List  which doesnt exist, but assume is not named Mark as not Spam  ticking this option  does  nothing and Mail still goes to Spam.

I have added to safe senders in Mail settings.......Lets see if it still  goes to spam now 

gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 620 of 2,146

Presumably it is because the email is in the spam box that it does not give you an option to add it to the safe sender list.

If you click "Mark as not spam" it should move the email into the Inbox where you can then use the "More" drop down box to add it to the safe sender list.

0 Ratings