cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jules68
Expert
Message 671 of 2,146

Re: Monstrous new BT email upgrade

Here's a thought - how about BT renaming 'SPAM' as 'Other In-Box' - which is what, for me, it effectively is. Then it wouldn't have to fix its SPAM algorithm, which is clearly more difficult than a simple re-naming. Job done!
0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 672 of 2,146

Re: BT web mail log in

@Bloodnock wrote:

Another issue I'm having is receiving BT Community Messages which I cant read, when I try to read them I get the following message in a red box that reads:

"You do not have sufficient privileges for this resource or its parent to perform this action.

Click your browser's Back button to continue."

Why bother sending me things from BT Community members I can't read?, Why's it happening?.

Does anyone else get these and whats the cause and whats the cure?

If you get that message it means that the post it is referring to has either since it was posted been deleted or moved to a section of the forum that you do not have access rights to.

0 Ratings
andypickford
Beginner
Message 673 of 2,146

Completely agree. I had no choice in upgrading, but the new service takes ages to load, my contacts have changed - lost many contacts, group contacts have disappeared or changed. The old version was quick and I had no problems with it for many many years. How can I return to the old version????????

0 Ratings
solly1
Beginner
Message 674 of 2,146

Just had the new mail 'upgrade'. It is as you all say --- TERRIBLE

Suggest you install BlueMail application. It works on PC and mobile phone with BT Mail and is pretty good. Have used it on phone for many months now with no problem and now on PC.

Interestingly, can't log into BT mail on my PC this morning using chrome or Edge browsers - but can using the BlueMail app on both PC and phone.

0 Ratings
robmag
Aspiring Contributor
Message 675 of 2,146

Email disaster

It's OK folks it's not BT at fault, its all down to Covid.

Seriously that is the excuse. 

There are many issues with the new platform, I just wonder who designed it, there cannot have been user involvement.

Plain old users, across the age spectrum. 

Well done BT you have sunk beyond any recovery of credibility.

0 Ratings
Jules68
Expert
Message 676 of 2,146

As you can only address the false Spam issue through BT Webmail (you can't through BTs own mobile app) you'll still have to log into this joke system. Or lose emails from your regular contacts. I find Thunderbird better than Blue Mail as a desktop app although I use the mobile app very happily.
0 Ratings
Oddbodkin
Aspiring Expert
Message 677 of 2,146

I marked BT communities as a safe sender.

Might as well not have bothered as this rubbish is STILL sending half of the emails from there to my spam folder.

I still haven't had a reply from BT to my formal complaint regarding this issue, a complaint I made on June 11th.

Nor have they responded to a second complaint made on June 24th regarding another aspect of this abysmal service.

Rotten customer service, or rather lack thereof from BT.

0 Ratings
atwidle
Beginner
Message 678 of 2,146

Hello, 

I'm new to the BT community board.

The new BT email application (a forced upgrade) is a complete disaster in terms of poor design, poor navigation,  poor performance and poor project rollout. I have used BT email for 20 years.  I was perfectly happy until 1 month ago.  The performance I have experienced over the last month is totally unacceptable.  I request a response and a solution from BT to their unhappy customers as this issue requires urgent resolution.  The performance of your email product over the last month is not market standard and it is currently unfit for purpose.

As an IT Project Manager by profession I am interested in what performance results you achieved in application testing prior to consumer roll out of this product and what non-functional performance requirements you were expected to achieve in terms of application response times prior to release.

Below are the highlights of my user experience across Windows 10 and Android platforms since the upgrade.

- log in time - it takes > 30 seconds to log in and arrive at the inbox - sometimes it takes 2 or 3 minutes.  This should be 10 seconds or less.  The customer does not need to see all the interim page addresses the application is passing through before it arrives at the inbox page and displays the list of emails received.

- opening of a received email in the inbox - it takes 15-30 seconds on average.  It should take 5 seconds or less.

- moving between boxes - from inbox to outbox or draft - it takes 15-30 seconds on average.  It should take 5 seconds or less.

- forwarding an opened email - it takes 15-30 seconds on average for the forward window to open.  It should take 5 seconds or less for the forward page to open.

- composing a new email - it takes 15-30 seconds on average for the compose window to open.  It should take 5 seconds or less.

I think your customers would like to know the date when the email application will be upgraded to resolve these daily performance problems, or the old application will be returned.

Kind Regards,

Andrew Twidle

Jules68
Expert
Message 679 of 2,146

The only problem with this excellent message is the assumption that BT reads or cares about our views. They check for swearing and inappropriate content, but after one response I doubt whether anyone responsible either for BT's governance at any level, and in particular for its email service has read or cares a jot or iota for our pain.
0 Ratings
JustineSkipper
Aspiring Contributor
Message 680 of 2,146

Major email problems with yesterday upgrade

What has happened to email in the upgrade? The app android app is just not working. On my pc, the email upgrade means that emails are so slow to open, not sending and generally not functioning. The auto suggest on contacts is only bringing up very old contacts, so it's so slow and some contacts aren't even showing. 

Given we are home working, this is ridiculous. Please undo the update which is not fit for purpose. 

0 Ratings