Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PeterJ
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 12

Motorola Moto e email problems

Hi,

Am receiving emails to PC and phone no problem.  But if I send message from phone, it goes but nothing in outbox on phone or PC.     Incoming settings: 995 (SSL/TLS), Outgoing: 465 (SSL/TLS).  Server: "mail.btinternet.com". 

Also I cant see anything older than setup on phone - is that normal?

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Re: Motorola Moto e email problems

Sounds like its an issue with mail set up on the phone. Is it an automated set up or a manual one on the phone?
If you don't use it try the k9 app for your bt mail and do a manual set up instead of the phones software.

(Sorry I don't understand the final sentence in yout post).
AQ.
"Welcome to Royston Vasey - You'll never leave."

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 12

If you are using port 995 it would appear that you have the email set up as a POP3 account. This means that it does not synchronise with your PC so you would not see anything sent by the phone on the PC. You need to set your email client up as an IMAP account so that the devices synchronise.

Emails will not be in the "outbox" after they have been sent. You will see them in the "sent" box.  They are only kept in the outbox until the are sent.

See link for settings

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44917/kw/bt%20mail/c/346,6588,6591

and this link for differnce between POP3 and IMAP

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44934/~/what%E2%80%99s-the-difference-between-imap-an...

Message 4 of 12

Spot on gg.

AQ.
"Welcome to Royston Vasey - You'll never leave."

0 Ratings
PeterJ
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 12

Thanks all.  I have already seen those links but I dont think that I can use IMAP as phone wont accept 993.  My main issue is not being able to see my sent mails anywhere.   Apologies; I said outbox when I meant sent box.    I have choice of SSL/TLS or SSL/TLS (accept all certificates) is there any difference?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 12

If your emails are being sent and received there is obviously nothing wrong with the email service and the problem must be with your phone. Check your phones settings in case there is a box that needs to be ticked in order to keep a copy of sent mails.

When you set up the email account on the phone do not let the wizard set it up. Select "other" and then manually set it up. This should give you the choice to set up an IMAP account and use 993.

0 Ratings
PeterJ
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 12

Thanks.  Did this.  I now have incoming settings as "imap.btinternet.com"  Port 993 and outgoing as "smtp.btinternet.com" Port 465.   Is that right?-

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 12

@PeterJ wrote:

Thanks.  Did this.  I now have incoming settings as "imap.btinternet.com"  Port 993 and outgoing as "smtp.btinternet.com" Port 465.   Is that right?-

Both should be mail.btinternet.com

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 12

@PeterJ wrote:

The server settings are in the link I previously posted but they are as liquorice has said: mail.btinternet.com

0 Ratings
PeterJ
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 12

The server settings in the link are not clear: IMAP only refers to incoming, POP doesnt refer to either incoming or outgoing and SMTP only refers to outgoing.  So if I am to ignore POP do I have incoming set to IMAP 993 and outgoing to smtp 465?

0 Ratings