Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
seftonbarn
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Move my email address to my friends account

Go to solution

For some time I have been paying a fee for a BT Premium account to allow me and my wife to continue to use our btinternet.com email addresses without actually having BT Broadband (we are on Virgin).  But today I received an email from BT explaining that this service will cease on 08 March 19 and our acounts will be shut down.  My brother has BT Broadband and he has only used one of his permitted 10 email accounts.  How do I go about moving mine and my wifes email accounts across to my brothers BT broadband account?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Move my email address to my friends account

Go to solution

You can do this your self, see link and sub links within the page.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44864/~/can-i-move-my-bt-email-address-to-another-acc...

If it all goes as planned make sure you contact BT to cancell your BT Premium email account/payments. Don't just cancel the direct debit.

seftonbarn
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution
Thanks. Which of the sub links do I follow? Does it have to be done by phoning BT?
0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

If you read through the page and follow the sub links you will find the one that is relevant to your situation.

seftonbarn
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution
Thanks. They all tell me if it can be done but not how to do it. Is it done by phoning up BT.
0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

As I said in my first post, you do this your self. You do not need to phone  BT.

It is done by the person who owns the account you want to move to. That account holder will need to follow the link.

See the link: - Move an email address (mailbox)

The receiving account holder then needs to click on the link "move an email address" and thereafter follow the instructions that are on the page.

Move an email address (mailbox)

Before you start, check that the gaining billing account already has an email address linked to it by logging in to My BT with your BT ID and selecting the option to Manage BT Email. If it doesn't, you'll need to create one. Once you've done this, you can use the link below to move the email address. You'll be asked to log in to My BT again.

Remember, only the gaining billing account holder can import an email address.

Move an email address >

You'll see the number of email addresses you've used when you log in. Select the option to Import an email address.

Import an email address

You'll need to provide the email address and password of the email you want to move and select Enter.

If the email address is linked to another BT ID, you'll be asked to provide the details of this too.

Once the move is complete, you'll get a confirmation message and the email address will be shown in your email management page.