Did you mean: 
Highlighted
RevDave
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 14

Moving BT Yahoo email addresses to a different billing account

Go to solution

Hello Robbie.

I note that @popestwo has an almost identical issue to me. Mine is slightly more complex in that my email addresses are for historic reasons under another person's control. This is because I was using two email addresses when working for a charity organisation. When I left they assured me they would not delete these arddresses from their BT ID. However, as time goes on and people move, I cannot be assured of this for ever. I am still in touch with the owner of the master account of these sub-accounts.

So, in summary, I have a BT ID which contains 6 BT-Yahoo email address sub-accounts. I have 2 BT-Yahoo email address sub-accounts under the other organisation's master account and BT ID. If I/you obtain the other account holder's permission, which we can, how can I get these 2 moved in with the other 6?

I hope that all makes sense!

regards, Dave.

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14

Re: Moving BT Yahoo email addresses to a different billing account

Go to solution

Hi @RevDave This does sound a bit more complex. As you are still in touch with the owner of the primary ID can you check that they still have the email addresses added to their BTID. 

Go to the following page: BT Email ManagementPage. After they sign into the BT ID, it will show you the email addresses for the account. If they can't see any emails there, if they have more than one account they can change between the accounts by clicking on the drop down on the top right. When they see your emails, make sure they click on "Add to BT ID" and then enter your passwords for each. Without this step being completed we won't have the option to move them over to your account.

Post back and let us know how you get on.

Cheers

John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
RevDave
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 14

Go to solution

Thanks John,

just a few questions before I ask the other guy to do this, in case he asks or has some difficulty:

1) I have a BT ID and one account GB1******7 but I can't see any drop-down box on the top right. Is that only visible to people with more than one account added to their BT ID?

2) when you click on 'add to BT ID' to the right of the email address to be moved, it takes you to a BT ID login screen. In this case, will he have to enter my own BT ID and password, i.e. the one I want to move the email addresses over to?

3) after that, how do we go about removing the added email addresses from the other person's BT ID, or is that automatic?

Thanks,

Dave.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 14

Go to solution
Hi @RevDave

I've quoted your post and provided answers in RED

@RevDave wrote:

Thanks John,

just a few questions before I ask the other guy to do this, in case he asks or has some difficulty:

1) I have a BT ID and one account GB1******7 but I can't see any drop-down box on the top right. Is that only visible to people with more than one account added to their BT ID? Yes, the drop down is only visible when there is more than one account associated to the BTID.

2) when you click on 'add to BT ID' to the right of the email address to be moved, it takes you to a BT ID login screen. In this case, will he have to enter my own BT ID and password, i.e. the one I want to move the email addresses over to? When logged into their MyBT account, type bt.com/btmail/emailmanagement into the top address bar.  This will display the email addresses associated to that BTID (May need to use the drop down if more than one account as above).  They'll need to click on "Add to BTID" beside the mailboxes that need to be moved.  They'll be prompted for a password to add to the BTID and this is the password for that particular mailbox.

3) after that, how do we go about removing the added email addresses from the other person's BT ID, or is that automatic?  We need you to do the above (Add to BTID) which will then give us the function from here to move the mailboxes.  When we do this those addresses will be automatically moved over and taken off the current BTID and added to yours.

Thanks,

Dave.

Cheers,

Robbie

Community ModeratorRobbieMac
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
RevDave
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 14

Go to solution

THanks Robbie,

it's just that second step I can't quite get my head round. Nowhere is there anywhere that MY BT ID is mentioned in this process. Sorry to be a bit thick on this one, please bear with me!

My understanding from what has been said so far is that the owner of the other account logs into THEIR BT ID, navigates to THEIR list of addresses, clicks the 'add to BT ID' next to one of MINE listed, enters the password for THAT  EMAIL ADDRESS (which I will need to give to them)... No mention of MY BT ID which is to be added. Do I understand from this process that rather than adding a BT ID AT THAT POINT, rather it releases the email address so that YOU can add it to MY BT ID, which I still have to give you, and take it away from the other one?

proverbial penny is hopefully dropping in my brain!

Dave.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 14

Go to solution

Hi @RevDave

That's exactly it!

The process is for them to complete everything on their BTID.  Once they've added the (your) mailboxes to their BTID it will give us the function from here to move the mailboxes to your account number (which is associated to your BTID).  You can add to your BTID then to manage the mailboxes.  Hoopefully that clears it up.

The only thing is that we would need to get authorisation from the current mailbox holders that they're happy for us to move the mailboxes to you.  Although you've been using the mailboxes for a while the other person is still technically the mailbox owners until they give us authorisation to move it across.

If you have any further questions feel free to post back.

Cheers,

Robbie

Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 14

Go to solution

Only BT could make something that should be simple so bleeping complicated!!!

0 Ratings
RevDave
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 14

Go to solution

THanks, that's a relief that I finally understand it. I think the issue in my mind was (and still is a bit) how can I log into my BT ID, see a list of email addresses, but then have to add them to my BT ID? It seems to my mind that if I can see them then they are already part of my BT ID! But maybe that's just part of the recovery process from BT-Yahoo primary account hodler/sub-accounts to the new system?

0 Ratings
RevDave
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 14

Go to solution

Hi again.

I have contacted the owner and he is happy to do all this but we are having trouble initially in that his email address does not appear to be associated with a BT ID, or else the details are forgotten. Logging into the email and going to 'manage sub-accounts' gets to a login screen that does not accept his email login details. Bear with us as we try to get his email account up to date with the current way this is managed by BT. We may eventually need your help to do this if we fail.

Dave.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 14

Go to solution

Hi @RevDave

Thanks for posting back!

Let us know how you get on and if you are having problems we are alway here to help :smileyhappy:

Cheers,

Robbie

Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
0 Ratings