cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mightyhunter
Beginner
Message 1 of 11

Moving BT email address from one BT account to another

Some months ago I moved my BT email address from one BT account to another.  At that time BT tried to tell me it was impossible unless I took BT Premium Email at an additional cost (the result being that I would lose all my contacts, etc, etc after 3 months).  Fortunately this was sorted by the helpful poeple on this forum and all was well.  Until yesterday that is when I received an email from BT saying that I had been told I would lose my email address, contacst, etc unless I took BT Premium, and if I didn't sign up in the next 21 days they would delete all.  I dont want premium email at an extra cost, I don't need anything special.  The good news is that I get premium email for free for 12 months before they start charging me, which at least gives me time to swap to another provider - here's hoping that another nice fixer will resolve this.

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 11

Re: Moving BT email address from one BT account to another

Are you sure it is a genuine BT email that you have received. There are a lot of phishing emails doing the rounds.

See link about phishing emails

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9191/~/what-is-phishing%3F-is-the-email-i-have-receiv...

0 Ratings
Highlighted
mightyhunter
Beginner
Message 3 of 11

Its genuine!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 11

If you have had your email account moved onto another account and the BT email is genuine I would suspect that it is just an automated reminder from your legacy account.

However the moderators of the forum have been informed of your problem. Once they have read this they may be able to help. They are a BT UK based team and if they can help they will reply via this thread asking you to contact them via a link. Once you have replied to them by the link, it can at present take up to three working days for them to re-contact you.

mightyhunter
Beginner
Message 5 of 11

Thanks.  The Mods helped me last time and were good, I was hoping they would ride to the recue again!

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

Hi mightyhunter,

Thanks fror posting. It's probably just and automated reminder as gg has pointed out but I'll check it for you to make sure. Drop me an email with the details. You'll get the 'contact us' link in my profile.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
mightyhunter
Beginner
Message 7 of 11

I now seem to have een parked by the Mods!  Getting really grumpy and investigating sky, virgin, et al.  Where is the phone call I was expecting.  Auto emails - not good enough!  Servic getting worse and worse.  I have no idea what is happening and auto emails leave me lacking any confidence that this is being sorted.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 11

Once you have replied to the link supplied by the moderators it can take three to five working days for them to reach your request in their work stack. They deal with things on a first come first served basis. They will get back to you.

0 Ratings
mightyhunter
Beginner
Message 9 of 11

So why the automated replies from somebody purporting to be from Libby Barr:

Hello Mr Kessell, Thanks for asking us to link your BT email address to your BT Broadband account. By doing this, you'll be able to keep the email address and all the emails, contacts and calendar entries that go with it. What happens next? If you want to keep any other BT email addresses, you'll need to link those to your broadband, too. Just go to bt.com/linkemail and complete a form for each email address you want to keep. Otherwise, you don't need to do anything else. You can just carry on using your email account as normal while we make the change. We'll send you an email to let you know when we're done or if we have any problems linking your accounts. Need some help? If you'd like to know more about the email changes, go to bt.com/emailchanges. Thanks for choosing BT. Libby Barr Managing Director, Sales and Service

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 11

No idea! I'm sure the moderators will be able to help you when they do contact you.

0 Ratings