Did you mean: 
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 16

Re: Moving Folders

@licquorice wrote:

@Keith_Beddoe  the OP is already using Outlook

Then if its configured as IMAP, then it should be possible to move the folder out of the Inbox, if Outlook allows you to do that.

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 16

@Keith_Beddoe  I suggest you read message 1 of the thread

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 16

I see what is going on, but it must be just the BT email server, as doing it the way I suggest, works fine on Gmail. Could it be that the OP is using POP3, as that would have no effect on the BT servers?

Anyway, there would be no harm it trying the same thing with Thunderbird to see if it has the desired effect.

0 Ratings
sunshinesmile
Beginner
Message 14 of 16

I'm using Outlook and IMAP and have the same issue as OP. BT server reverses any folder changes I make in Outlook. Only workaround I've used is to create a new folder where I actually want it, copy all the messages across from the old folder, and then delete the old folder. But how rubbish is that  and not really suitable when you've got loads of messages in there.

0 Ratings
GeorgeBowyer
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 16

<<I see what is going on, but it must be just the BT email server, as doing it the way I suggest, works fine on Gmail. Could it be that the OP is using POP3, as that would have no effect on the BT servers?

Anyway, there would be no harm it trying the same thing with Thunderbird to see if it has the desired effect.>>

I'll give it a go - but I'm definitely on IMAP with outlook...

0 Ratings
GeorgeBowyer
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 16

Oh wow.

After years of Yahoo-based misery, BTinternet has taken pity upon us and allowed us to rejoin the world of the living 😀 😀 😀

The new-look online mailbox allows me to re-sort and re-arrange folders. Everything is back where it should be.

I cannot describe how happy this has made me.

Thank you, BTInternet, for getting it right! 😀

0 Ratings