Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bobmin
Beginner
Message 1 of 10

Moving email accounts to new BTID

Go to solution
I need to move my wife's and my email accounts to a new BTID. The emails are currently on my BTID which is closing. Her email is also associated with the BTID of the receiving account but it was originally created as a secondary on mine. I don't want to delete it in case this messes things up. If I log in to the new account, I cannot add my own email as it says, this is already claimed. I assume this is because it is tied to the BTID. Also, if my original account is deactivated, what happens to her account? will it stay active as it is associated with the new BTID? Looking through the help steps for transferring accounts, none of those options appear in the MyBT email drop downs so at a loss how to do it.
0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 10

Re: Moving email accounts to new BTID

Go to solution

If the reason that your BTID is "closing" is because you are ending your BT Broadband account you can only transfer the email accounts to a different BT Broadband account.

If your wife's email account and BTID is on the same broadband account as the one that is ending you will not be able to transfer your email account to that because her email will also close when you stop your broadband. 

See link

https://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44864

0 Ratings
Bobmin
Beginner
Message 3 of 10

Go to solution
Both accounts were set up on our home broadband which is ceasing. Need to move them both to a different broadband account.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 10

Go to solution

Login to the 'new' BTID', then manage BTMail and select import mail address. Import the required email addresses to the new BTID.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 10

Go to solution

If you are no longer a BT Broadband customer your email account and any sub accounts will be deleted unless you do one of two things. You can pay £7.50 per month for a BT Premium email account. This allows you to keep your present email addresses.

The other thing that you can do is attach the email accounts to another BT Broadband account.  This could be a family members broadband account but you would need to be aware that the owner of the broadband account would be able to delete the email accounts but they would not have access to them.

See link about BT Premium email.

https://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44885/~/what-is-bt-premium-mail-and-how-can-i-get-it...

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 10

Go to solution

@licquorice wrote:

Login to the 'new' BTID', then manage BTMail and select import mail address. Import the required email addresses to the new BTID.

Not if the new/his wife's BTID is on the same BT Broadband account that is being ceased. Once the broadband account is deleted the emails associated to it are deleted.

EDIT: My mistake. I thought he was wanting to move his email address to his wife's BTID.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 10

Go to solution
I've assumed that for some reason the op has a third BTID associated with a different account and wants to consolidate all mail addresses under that account.
0 Ratings
Bobmin
Beginner
Message 8 of 10

Go to solution
There is no option to import mail address. The only option is to add an account. If I try to add mine it says that it is already assigned. What I don't want to do is delete it from the original and then not be ab le to re-assign it.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 10

Go to solution

Adding an address is for creating new addresses not for moving addresses.

Is the new BTID you are trying to move the addresses to a primary account? You can only import into a primary account.

See https://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/45333/~/how-can-i-change-or-check-my-account-holder-...

importmailaddress.jpg

0 Ratings
Bobmin
Beginner
Message 10 of 10

Go to solution
Ok, thanks for the help, turns out there is a dropdown on the new account which does not show the option to import email addresses. Moving back to the primary dropdown I could see the original email account that was created when the new broadband was set up. I then could see the import option and it allowed me to transfer both email ids from the old account.