cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NickB57
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

Moving email address to different BT account?

Go to solution

I am closing my BT account and wish to migrate my email address to my wife’s BT account, which has only a single email address currently, both accounts use Yahoo mail. I have checked the BT website and forum, but it is unclear exactly how this can be achieved. Please could somebody advise how this can be achieved. Thank you for your asistance 

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Moving email address to different BT account?

Go to solution

@NickB57 welcome to the community and thanks for posting. We can help you with this but firstly you'll need to make sure the email address can be managed from your BT ID. To do this can you ensure that you've added it to your BT ID   by following the process on this link?

When you've done that or if they're already added please use the   'click here to contact the mods'   link in my forum profile to send in your details and your wife's BT account as we will need to get everybody's permission before we can move them over to her BT account. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

0 Ratings
NickB57
Beginner
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

Thank you for your prompt reply, but there appears to be no link to the process for adding the email address to my BT ID when logged into the forum. Do I need to make some change to see these links. Thank you for your help  in this matter

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @NickB57

Thanks for posting back and apologies for the confusion.

Here is the link: http://www.bt.com/btmail/emailmanagement

When you click on the link and log in, you will see a list of the mailboxes.  You need to associate the mailbox in question by clicking on "Add to BTID" and entering the password.

Once that's done, click on my username here >> RobbieMac << and you'll see our contact link underneath my profile picture.  We'll do the rest.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
NickB57
Beginner
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution
Thank for your patients. I have linked the email address to my BT ID, but when I click on your username link. I can see your profile picture, but I cannot see a contact like that I am meant to click on. I am log into the forum when I do this.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @NickB57 sorry about that. I've enabled the link for you on my profile so please try that and let me know if your still having a problem.

Cheers
John

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @NickB57 Thanks for taking my call earlier and just to confirm that your email address has now been successfully moved over to the other broadband account.

Cheers
John

Highlighted
NickB57
Beginner
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

Thank you for your help. This worked very well