Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Marq79
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 10

Moving email addresses to a different account

Go to solution

Hi

I would like to move all five BT email addresses in one account to another account. The other account is my parents and I have their permission. It currently has no BT email addresses assigned. Would you be able to help me with this please ?

Thanks.

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
NeilO
Message 2 of 10

Re: Moving email addresses to a different account

Go to solution

@Marq79 We can help you with this but firstly you'll need to make sure the email address can be managed from your BT ID.  To do this can you ensure that you've added it to your BT ID  by following the process on this link?

When you've done that or if they're already added please use the 'click here to contact the mods' link in my forum profile to send in your details and those of your parents BT account as we will need to get everybody's permission before we can move them over to her BT account. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 3 of 10

Go to solution

Hi @Marq79 Thanks for speaking with me today. I've moved all your email accounts over to your Dad's BT account. You'll need to login to each of the email accounts and reactivate them and they'll work as before but they are now all showing under your Dad's BT ID. I hope that's ok?

0 Ratings
Marq79
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 10

Go to solution

Hi Neil,

I cannot see a reactivate button or any other way to reactivate the email accounts.

Thanks for your help

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 5 of 10

Go to solution

@Marq79 You'll need to login via your Dad's BT ID then click on manage extras, manage mail and you'll see the list of emails where you can reactivate them.

0 Ratings
Marq79
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 10

Go to solution

Yes I am with my Dad. We are logged in and can see the list of emails. There is however no option to reactivate them.

thanks

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 7 of 10

Go to solution

@Marq79 If you login to each email using its own ID does it give you the option?

0 Ratings
Marq79
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 10

Go to solution

No. When we log in it comes up with an error and then an empty email box.

0 Ratings
Marq79
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 10

Go to solution

To update this. I can now view the “favourite email” account with emails as normal by resetting the password. For the other email addresses this is not possible, there is no option showing other than delete account... If the individual owner logs in it just says errors and empty mail list. For one of these they tried to reset password - only possible via forgotten details link  - they now can’t log in at all. 

0 Ratings
Marq79
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 10

Go to solution

All email accounts are now working. To achieve this all the addresses (except the favourite) had to have passwords reset via forgotten details link. Initially this didn’t work - per previous post - but on trying again and doing same for all we now have all email addresses working as before the move.

0 Ratings