Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Santa365
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 9

Moving email to new account

Go to solution

Hello

We recently moved home and due to the home move system failing (new build FTTH..) we were advised to cancel our current broadband and order with new account number on the same BT ID. Our broadband is now up and running Smiley Very Happy

Unfortunately this means the old email being marked for deletion in 60 days, so I'd like to request assistance getting this inbox moved over to the new account so that it does not get purged.

Thanks Smiley Very Happy

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Moving email to new account

Go to solution

@Santa365 welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

Please can you ensure that all the email addresses that you need to move have been added to your BT ID once that's been completed we can move the mail box from our end if you send over your details on the click here to contact the mods link. You'll see the link if you click on my username.

Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

Hi @Santa365 Thanks for taking my call a few minutes ago. Please can you login to the email address at www.bt.com/btmail/emailmanagement and select the option to "Reactivate" the email address and post back to let me know how you get on.

Cheers

John

Santa365
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

Hello John,  I get "Sorry, we haven't been able to reactivate your email address due to an error. Please try again later. " when I choose Reactivate. Smiley Sad

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

Hi @Santa365 Thanks for trying that for me. May I ask that you try again and let me know if you are still getting the error or are able to reactivate the email address.

thanks

John

Santa365
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

Hi John, the email address now shows on the new account on the email management page and there is now no button to reactivate, only "Make Favourite" and "Delete".

However trying to go to the inbox via the link on the page or through the normal email login page ends with the error "Selected account BT Mail Account is unavailable".

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

Hi @Santa365 Sorry that didn't work. I've changed the profile so can you please login to your BTID, ensure that the new account number is showing on the drop down account box and then go to the email management page above and it should be able to be reactivated now.

thanks

John

Santa365
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

Thank you John, I logged into our BTID and the account seems to be accessible now by clicking the "Go to Inbox" although there was no reactivate button. Hopefully all is fine now Smiley Happy

The only problem now is when I click the main email link in a new session and enter the login details I get "You are logged in to MyBT. Click on Continue to see the list of mailboxes linked to your BTID", when before it would just take me to the inbox. So the only way to get to the inbox via web seems to be through the email management page Smiley Indifferent I think this is because the old account number is still the default account and it can't find any mailboxes on there.

edit: think this has been sorted now

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

Hi @Santa365 Thanks for your persistence and glad its linked ok and working for you now. I'll get the email team to confirm it's fully linked tomorrow before closing the request off.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings