cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Seejuu
Message 1 of 6

Moving to BT BB can I continue my present non-BT email addresses?

I'm about to switch from TalkTalk to BT BB as my broadband provider.  I've two existing email addresses with TT:

abc@****.nilldram.co.uk  and  xyz@*****.gotadsl.co.uk

Will I still be able to receive and send emails using them after I switch to BT BB ?

If 'Yes'  what steps do I need to take?

I'v had conflicting views.  Hence the question to a forum who should have the answer Smiley Happy

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 6

Re: Moving to BT BB can I continue my present non-BT email addresses?

You should be able to use it via webmail but I suspect that when you are no longer a TT customer you will loose their email. Although looking at the address who supplies your email service?

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
Seejuu
Message 3 of 6

Thanks Devon-Dave.  Who supplies your email service?  TalkTalk.  Back in dial-up days I started with Nildram.  When adsl came in Nildram created gotadsl.  Then Nildram (good one-man private enterprise!) sold out to A who sold out to B ... Tiscali ... TalkTalk Business ... recently moved me without asking to TalkTalk residential and hiked the cost Smiley Mad

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 6

I would check with TT that you can keep your email address, some ISPs allow this. BT do if you migrate to another ISP but you have to pay a small fee for the privilege.

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 6

@Seejuu wrote:

I'm about to switch from TalkTalk to BT BB as my broadband provider.  I've two existing email addresses with TT:

abc@****.nilldram.co.uk  and  xyz@*****.gotadsl.co.uk

Will I still be able to receive and send emails using them after I switch to BT BB ?

If 'Yes'  what steps do I need to take?

I'v had conflicting views.  Hence the question to a forum who should have the answer Smiley Happy

Hi. Welcome to the forums.

As indicated, whether you will be able to receive those emails depends on that service - however for sending emails, then that should be no problem. You usually need to go through address verification - see my shortcuts (link below) option 0e. This allows use of either BTYahoo! webmal or a mail client program such as Outlook, Thunderbird etc.

A weird sideaffect is that even if the receipt of the emails ceases (e.g. the account is ceased, or access via pop3 is stopped), the sending of emails via the method I mentioned above will still work. Of course, that wouldn't really help as any emails wont be received Smiley Happy

Seejuu
Message 6 of 6

Thanks D-D & Andy. A case of wait and see now ! I'll update after 26 April when I go 'live' with BT BB.
0 Ratings