cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pkidd
Message 1 of 5

Moving to bt premium issues

I want to move to premium as I recently stopped my bt broadband.

the magic transfer link no longer appears in my bt pages and the call centre is requesting access to my pc to perform the transfer.

I am very interested to know how and what the engineer intends to do and why I am unable to do this task myself.  Can anyone provide an explanation as there are none on the bt website.

Happy for a technical solution to be described, been writing software for 20 years so Confident i’ll understand.

thank you for any help.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Moving to bt premium issues

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 5

There is NO requirement for BT to access your computer to set up Premium email. It is purely a billing issue.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

I really don't understand why the helpdesk keep on insisting on this, moving to premium  mail is purely an administrative task. There is absolutely no change required at the user end, just continue to access mail as before.

Have you spoken to the premium mail team on 0808 100 6778, do not let them access your PC 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

See this link which has the help line number for calling BT to have it set up. If they still want access to your computer, refuse and post back.

https://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44885/~/what-is-bt-premium-mail-and-how-do-i-get-it%...

0 Ratings