cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 13

Re: My BT ID is my real email not btinternet. Cannot change BT WiFi status.

Go to solution

This whole BTID thing is a complete shambles. If BT insist that you have a BTID but allow it to be other than an @btinternet.com address, then it should still work for everything, not just a selection of BT's services. A BTID is a BTID regardless of what it consists of, why does it have to take the form of an @btinternet address for some services.

0 Ratings
wgtech
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 13

Go to solution

I completely agree. Lots of things like this need fixing. While going through the change of address proceedure, it said to leave the fibre modem. Erm... "the" fibre modem? All I have is a home hub. I googled for images and a fibre modem is for people who have fibre to the home. We do not, never have. Non-techie orientated people might think they have to leave the homehub at their old address because they aren't familiar with the differences in names. It should say something like "If you have a home hub you should take it with you to the new address, but if you are a fibre to the house customer, please leave the fibre modem in the old address" or something. I had to set all of this up for my parents because they had no hope. Fibre modem? This thing? [holding up the home hub...]

Also some BT people you get on the phone are great. On the other hand have had more than 1 that were useless and wouldn't know up from down unless there was a box of glasses near by with it written on the box "This way up ^".

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Oliver341
Expert
Message 13 of 13

Go to solution

@licquorice wrote:

@This whole BTID thing is a complete shambles. If BT insist that you have a BTID but allow it to be other than an @btinternet.com address, then it should still work for everything, not just a selection of BT's services. A BTID is a BTID regardless of what it consists of, why does it have to take the form of an @btinternet address for some services.

Yes, I agree. The whole idea of the BT ID to me seemed to me like they were making it so that the system could take any email address to be a username and not force it to be a BT email address. Many new customers do not want a BT email address, it is 2015 after all and quite a few of us have existing email address now!

And yet were are stuck with some services which flat out refuse to to accept a username which is not a BT email address. It's been a very long time since BT email addresses were provisioned by default on new accounts.

Add that to the email fiasco whereby BT have now seemingly decided to run two different email platforms indefinitely, and BT is looking decidedly inept.

Oliver.