Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Taffy078
Expert
Message 1 of 5

My BT contract expires on the 1st August 2020 - some advice please

Go to solution

(1) I've been told that if I decide to move to a new provider, my wife and I will have to change our email addresses.    

Mine is "nameAToutlookDOTcom" so I can't see why I'll have to change that.                                                                                     

My wife's is "nameATbtopenworldDOTcom". Is the advice correct, please?

(2) Is it possible to pay for a 'forwarding' facility so that mail sent to my wife can be forwarded to her?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: My BT contract expires on the 1st August 2020 - some advice please

Go to solution

You don't have to change your BT email address if you move provider but you will have to pay to continue to use it.

You will need to take out a BT Premium email subscription at £7.50 per month. If you do not do that the email address will be deleted and can not be used.

See links

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/59666/~/what-happens-to-my-email-address-when-my-bt-b...

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44885/~/what-is-bt-premium-mail-and-how-do-i-get-it%3...

As regards the Outlook email address you do not need to do anything with that. It is not tied to any ISP and can be used regardless of who your provider is.

0 Ratings
Taffy078
Expert
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

many thanks for this. I'll check again nearer the time and if we do move we'll buy the  BT Premium email subscription. It's worth it avoid the hassle. Much appreciated.

PS just for info, when I'd finished my reply, up popped a BT survey/feedback so I completed it, hit post or reply and then got an error message that the url I was using was wrong. :o(

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

It might be a bit of hassle but you should use the time from now until your contract end to move her email address over to Outlook.com or any of the other free email service providers. This will save you the £7.50 fee and free you from being tied to any ISP just because of the email address. 

0 Ratings
Taffy078
Expert
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution
many thanks for this. Much appreciated
0 Ratings