cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

My BT internet email address have been grey listed

Hi out of the blue my dad and mum are no longer receiving any emails from any of my BT Internet email addresses. Tuesday they could receive them. Then from Wednesday to today nothing. I don't get a bounce back error but the emails never arrive. Their domain provider Hostek has been looking into it and said btinternet has been grey listed but provided no further information or advice. His ISP is Sky. 

Is there anything I can do or dad can do to fix this?

He's elderly and email is an important way of us staying in touch and me reminding him about medication etc 

Thank you! 

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: My BT internet email address have been grey listed

They need to contact their domain and have them investigate the problem as it would appear that they are blocking the emails not BT.

Assuming it is possible that your father has caused the block you should also get your father to check that he has not blocked the BT domain in his email settings.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Thank you for replying so quickly... we checked he had not accidentally blocked the domain and he hasn't. 

Can you please clarify if he needs to request action from his domain provider Hostek or his Internet service provider Sky or both? 

I can receive emails from him to my BT Internet addresses so I think you're right that the block is happening at his end 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

In the meantime, simply use a Gmail address to contact him.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Thanks for the suggestion, for emergencies I'm using my work email but obviously want a longer term fix. GMAIL is a good suggestion in case my work email gets upset with any attachments so thanks again for that. 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

If your father is using the Hostek domain to send and receive his emails it is them that need to be contacted because they are the ones blocking your BT email and not allowing it through to him.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Thank you for clarifying and we have done that. They have replied that he needs to disable the grey listing configuration in the cPanel of his domain but neither of us understand how to do this or even how to access the cPanel log in and settings.

So we have gone back to Hostek to ask for detailed instructions. 

Thank you everyone for your help and for confirming it's not a BT end issue.

At least this daughter is learning a bit to help her old dad out thanks to you all! 

Wish us luck! 

0 Ratings