cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PonyTheMoore
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

My Btopenworld.com account no longer exists???

Go to solution

I have used btopenworld.com as my primary account for as long as I have had a computer ie early 90s. I log in everyday on my IPhone, yesterday morning it said re-enter password, which I did, it then said account does not exist. I tried entering my recovery information but once again it says my account doesn’t exist!! So I tried to find the non existent customer service phone number or email address and have now after 24hours stumbled upon this community!!!!

All my contacts, phone numbers and important saved emails are linked to this account!!!! 

Can somebody... anybody... please please help!!! I would even consider advice from Busby!!!!!

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: My Btopenworld.com account no longer exists???

Go to solution

@PonyTheMoore 

Are you a current BT Broadband customer, or are you paying for BT Premium mail?

If not, then your account would have been deleted as part of the ongoing process to remove accounts which are no longer being paid for, or owned by BT Broadband customers.

gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

If your BT Openworld account is actually a BTYahoo email account it could be that you have just been caught up in the BTYahoo major email outage fault that is ongoing at the moment.

It could also be deleted as Keith has pointed out.

PonyTheMoore
Beginner
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

So despite holding the account for Circa 25years, as I am now with a different provider and despite my account being active it has been deleted without any form of notice or advice!! Can it be reinstated so I can recover all my important contacts, emails etc??

I will then gladly give up all connections with BT and Yahoo.

very poor communication by a communications giant!!!!!!

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution
0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

As I stated above, your email account may NOT have been deleted so I would not panic yet.

See link regarding accounts being deleted.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44499/~/why-has-my-email-address-been-suspended-or-de...

0 Ratings
PonyTheMoore
Beginner
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

Thank you 

0 Ratings
PonyTheMoore
Beginner
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution
Thank you
0 Ratings
Andy_N
Distinguished Guru
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

@PonyTheMoorewrote:

I have used btopenworld.com as my primary account for as long as I have had a computer ie early 90s. I log in everyday on my IPhone, yesterday morning it said re-enter password, which I did, it then said account does not exist. I tried entering my recovery information but once again it says my account doesn’t exist!! So I tried to find the non existent customer service phone number or email address and have now after 24hours stumbled upon this community!!!!

All my contacts, phone numbers and important saved emails are linked to this account!!!! 

Can somebody... anybody... please please help!!! I would even consider advice from Busby!!!!!

Hi.

If your account is now working as usual, please make a backup of important emails, contacts and everything - especially as you said that you are not a BTBroadband user and not a BT Premium Email user. Your account can be deleted at any time as has been said.

You say you've not had any communications, but when you left BT your account could have been deleted at that time, there would have been information to that effect.

Even with a new email provider (use something like Gmail and non ISP specific), always have a form of backup routine. Many people have lost a lot of stuff due to account deletion, so don't delay!

0 Ratings