Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Okete
Beginner
Message 1 of 28

My email address has been deleted!

Go to solution

I currently have an active BT email account operating through Windows Live Mail. I continue to receive and send emails without any problems.

I recently attempted to set up my email on a mobile phone but was unable to do so because the phone informed me that my email credentials were invalid.

I logged into My BT to attempt to resolve the issue, only to receive the message: "Sorry, your BT email address no longer exists but you can sign up to another one at any time in My BT"

I don't want to have to change my email address considering it still works but I would like to be able to access my emails remotely. At the moment, I can't even access my emails directly through My BT, only via my existing Windows Live Mail account.

I have gone round and round in circles via Live Chat etc trying to find a solution, all to no avail.

Can anyone please point me in the right direction towards resolving this frustrating problem?

Best Regards,

Peter.

0 Ratings
27 REPLIES 27
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 28

Re: My email address has been deleted!

Go to solution

What happens when you try to log on via this link?

BT Email

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Okete
Beginner
Message 3 of 28

Go to solution

I just get the message: "Sorry. Your BT mail address no longer exists but you can sign up to another one at any time in My BT"

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 28

Go to solution

Are you still a current BT Broadband customer?

0 Ratings
Okete
Beginner
Message 5 of 28

Go to solution

Yes, I am. Thanks.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 28

Go to solution

I doubt there is anything that any of the forum members will be able to assist you so I have notified the moderators of the forum about your problem. Once they have read this they may be able to help. They are a BT UK based team and if they can help they will reply via this thread asking you to contact them via a link. They are very busy at present so once you have replied to them by the link, it can take 48 hours for them to re-contact you.

0 Ratings
Okete
Beginner
Message 7 of 28

Go to solution

Thank you for letting me know, I hope they will be able to resolve the problem.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 28

Go to solution

Hi @Okete

Welcome to the Community and thanks for your posts!

Sorry that you're getting a message that your mailbox has been deleted.  It's a strange one as you had it set up and in active use using an email client and it should have been associated to the broadband.  Can you send us over your details and I will check what happened?  I can't make any promises at this moment in time but there is no harm having a look.

Click on my username here >> RobbieMac << and you'll see our contact link underneath my profile picture.

Cheers,

Robbie

Community ModeratorRobbieMac
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 28

Go to solution

Hi @Okete,

Your email is showing as having been barred back in 2017 as the last time it was accessed was the 03/10/2017. It has been sitting in a "pending delete" state since the 09/11/2017. I can also see that you recently tried to log in on the 22/12/2018.

Can you try and log into the email through BT.com/mail please? Also, I've contacted our suppliers directly so they can check the account and hopefully get it back for you if you can't get in. I should hear back from them over the next couple of days. I will be in touch on Friday.

Thanks

DanielS

Community ModeratorDannyS
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Okete
Beginner
Message 10 of 28

Go to solution

Hi DanielS,

I can log in via 'my bt' but it will not allow me to log in directly to 'Bt.com/mail', using my e-mail address of ***Edited by mod***@btinternet.com and my current password.

When I log in via 'my bt' I am pleased to see that my e-mail addess is now listed / re-instated.

However I still cannon access my e-mails via my Samsung S6 or via any other computer. (I can read them via 'Live Mail' on this computer.)

It still appears that ***Edited by mod***@btinternet.com is not recognised as my username by Bt.com/mail.

0 Ratings