cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
David126
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

My emails to addresses at gmail are not being received can you help please?

My emails to those address at gmail are not being received some are "bounced" some not but they are not received.

The emails concerned had a PDF attachment converted from a Word Document.

The reason was "552-5.7.0 This message was blocked because its content presents a potential
552-5.7.0 security issue."

Can you help please?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Andy_N
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 4

Re: My emails to addresses at gmail are not being received can you help please?

@David126wrote:

My emails to those address at gmail are not being received some are "bounced" some not but they are not received.

The emails concerned had a PDF attachment converted from a Word Document.

The reason was "552-5.7.0 This message was blocked because its content presents a potential
552-5.7.0 security issue."

Can you help please?

Hi, welcome to the forums.

How are you sending these emails? Is it simply to a mailing list using a BTinternet email address with either webmail or an app/client?

0 Ratings
David126
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Thank you.

They  are sent as an attachment PDF from my Bt email account on Outlook 2016 Office 365. 

I have been sending in this way for years with no trouble.

Thanks

David G 

0 Ratings
Andy_N
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 4

@David126wrote:

Thank you.

They  are sent as an attachment PDF from my Bt email account on Outlook 2016 Office 365. 

I have been sending in this way for years with no trouble.

Thanks

David G 

Thanks.

I assume you're using best practice with the addresses in Bcc ? If so, is there an email address in the To field (suggest your own) - this may help. Of course, if you already do this then ignore!

Have you tried one at a time to a contact to see what happens?

You say some bounce, some not - is this only for the Gmail addresses? If there's no common theme, then it's going to be tricky to ascertain the problem.

It could be that Gmail is at fault (it has done this before), could be end user account issues for some reason, or it could be that Gmail sees these emails from BTinternet as dodgy - though that would be weird if some get through, some bounce and some not ...

0 Ratings