cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

My long-running monthly event invite to a group email is suddenly being refused.

I have been sending a monthly invite to a group email for years, broadly only changing the dates in the text and subject line. Suddenly, last month, BT Internet refused to let me send it, saying the text fulfilled their criteria for spam, or words to that effect. I tried resending it, removing email addresses that I thought might be out of date. I got it down to a very few addresses, all of which I knew to be valid, and it still wouldn't send. In the end I sent it to individuals, (oddly enough, without having to change the text). How do I resolve this issue? Any assistance welcome!

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: My long-running monthly event invite to a group email is suddenly being refused.

Use Gmail

Message 3 of 5

Re: My long-running monthly event invite to a group email is suddenly being refused.

@StephenBarnabywrote:

How do I resolve this issue?

Switch to an email provider that's fit for purpose & isn't held together by a wing & a prayer. You're not the first to report this behaviour. Although I would always recommend using a free Mailchimp account for group mailings to maintain GDPR compliance & provide an unsubscribe option.

Message 4 of 5

Thanks - probably good idea!

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Thanks, I'll look into Mailchimp. I put the group email address as bcc so as to hopefully not compromise GDPR, but that didn't seem to do the trick. But Mailchimp sounds a good option. Thanks again.

0 Ratings