cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

My main bt address is no currently showing on MyBT, just a secondary one.

Go to solution

My main bt address is no currently showing on MyBT, just a secondary one. I can however access my main bt email address via outlook, I just sent a test email to that via outlook, and saw it arrive. I can still see that main address under the account details of MyBT ID, but it is not listed under my list of email addresses, which only shows a secondary and infrequently used address.

When I try any of the FAQs on the manage email page I get this response: Fatal Error Access Denied Reason: Client address is not authorised. (86.170.242.66).

Other additional quirks: I cannot open my main email folder via firefox, but when I try google, I can. However, even on google it does not show the main email address when I refer to My BT and 'manage emails' it shows the same as it does via firefox.

How do I rectify this issue and why did it happen?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: My main bt address is no currently showing on MyBT, just a secondary one.

Go to solution

Hi @theworksofsussex welcome to the community and thanks for posting. I'm sorry to see you're experiencing problems managing your BT email address.

I'd recommend clicking on the option to import the email address and enter the security details as that should associate your email address with your MyBT account. Let me know if that works.

I'm getting the same error message on the FAQ's and I've reported that to the email team.

Clearing your cookies and cache may help with the firefox email folder issue.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Hi Neil

Thanks for this. I started by clearing the cookies and cache in firefox.

I was a little worried about importing the email address...but shouldn't have been. That worked.

Email functions within BT have been resolved and its all working as previous.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

@theworksofsussex That's great I'm glad importing the email address has worked.

I've had confirmation back from the email team to say they'll look into the error message on the FAQ's so hopefully that will be resolved soon.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings