cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dcdick
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 4

My yahoo/BT email work-around

Having suffered in the past with erratic behaviour with BT 's email I set up a "Thunderbird" account that did & still does work very well

However using BT's portal I have found that if I log in to Yahoo I am presented with the splash screen showing my "Openworld" email address

I then click the "Next" box that sends me to BT home page & from there click "email" at the top of the page

This takes me to the log in page for email with a "BT Internet" log in option

I then choose the correct email address for me (using BT Internet instead of Openworld) & it then logs me in correctly

Sounds like a right old "whooha " but I find it easy enough & in the last 3 months or so have never had any "hiccups" with BT (Yahoo) email

It may be of help to those struggling with unresponsive  passwords & stuff, it most certainly worked for me  Smiley Happy

D*ck

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
tickhill
Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: My yahoo/BT email work-around

That you have found a way around an issue which has been ongoing for months is commendable BUT - the bottom line is that the problem has been going on for months, that it has been constantly aired on here on numerous different threads and despite that BT themselves have made absolutely no attempt to resolve the issue and (sorry) but Moderators on this Forum appear to be failing to highlight the issues with sufficient gravity to get the matter resolved once and for all.

I am sick of the constant sight of the error message... samlfed.bt.com took too long to respond.

0 Ratings
dcdick
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 4

As I said the method I outlined is a way I found to work around this problem
I believe the problem (in my case) had something to do with the interaction between "Openworld" & "BT Internet"
I don't think BT are ignoring this problem by the way.
There's always the option of using a different email client .

D*ck
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 4

@dcdickwrote:
As I said the method I outlined is a way I found to work around this problem
I believe the problem (in my case) had something to do with the interaction between "Openworld" & "BT Internet"
I don't think BT are ignoring this problem by the way.
There's always the option of using a different email client .

D*ck

I seem to recall that there was a similar case solved by altering the login to BTID being the same as their default email address, where one was btopenworld and the other was btinternet. Although interchangeable as email addresses, the BTID is effectively a set of characters.

However BT think it's best that the BTID is an email address, something I completely disagree with and has caused many issues over the years. I am certainly not altering my BTID to an email address as I set it up years ago. If I want to amend my profile, the system wants me to use an email address.

0 Ratings