cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 1 of 15

NEW BT EMAIL TWO QUESTIONS

Hi All please can someone experienced or a moderator advise..

I have just been migrated from BT Yahoo mail to the new BT mail and I have a couple of questions. 

1. On BT yahoo mail the trash folder was automatically emptied every 7 days. Please can someone advise what is the default behaviour with the new BT mail trash folder. I know there is no settings too change this but I just want to know what is the default setting how often is the trash folder emptied automatically?

2. On the new BT mail if go to  settings > contacts there is an option called "enable contacts auto-complete" I have ticked this box. From my understanding this option basically saves any previous email address's I have sent to so when i try to send another email to the same person that name is auto suggested for me to pick is this correct? If so this is not appearing for me. Currently I have no contacts saved on the new BT mail as I choose to do this but I thought that when I send a email for example to Johnsmith@yahoo.com the next time I want to compose another email to him I just need to type the first letter of his email which is J and that will bring a auto suggestion of his email even though I have not saved him to my contact list is this correct? if so this is not working for me please can someone advise if I am doing something wrong here as with the old BT yahoo mail I had no saved contacts also but any previous email address I sent to an auto suggestion used to always appear.

thanks in advance. 

0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 15

Re: NEW BT EMAIL TWO QUESTIONS

Hi please is there any Moderators who can respond and clarify the above it would be really helpful thanks once again.
0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 15

The automatic emptying of the BTMail trash folder is 30 days.

I believe the auto complete should work as you have described. 

When you click on your contacts tab do you see a box in the left hand column named "Auto Complete" and if so does it have any entries?

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 4 of 15

Thank you for your reply.

Yes I do see that box in the left hand column called "auto complete" and it is empty there is nothing saved there. I have already ticked the box in setting under "enable contacts auto-complete" but no previous emails I have sent are showing in the left hand column under contacts named "auto complete".

I have again tested this today the only way for me to save previous email address is by creating them as contacts and saving them which I do not want to do. I just want it work as auto complete should do and as you described each time I want to manage any auto complete address I can go to the left hand side column under contracts and manage any address under "auto complete" but this is not functioning as it should do please advise thanks.

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 15

I have checked on my account and I do have some entries in the "auto complete" section, no idea how they got there other than if the system was working as it should but I have just tried sending an email to an address that is not "auto complete or in the contacts" and while the email sent OK the address was not saved in either place.

It would appear to be yet another problem with the UI of BTMail.

I have notified the moderators of the forum about your problem. Once they have read this they may be able to help. They are very busy at present so it can take up to 48 hours for them to contact you. They will do this by posting on this thread.

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 6 of 15

Thank you for there reply.

At least I have now established it is not just my self that is having this problem but it is a system issue for everyone I hope the MODs see this and rectify this problem for everyone. thanks again.

0 Ratings
DanielS
Message 7 of 15

Hi @Anonymous,

When you are logged into your webmail, go to Contacts. You should see something similar to this:

Auto contact.png

Do you also have Auto-save new contacts enabled? On webmail go to Settings > Mail and ensure Auto-save new contacts is ticked.

My post on New BT Mail - Lost contacts on may explain the issue with auto-suggest. 

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 8 of 15

@DanielS

thanks for the reply if you read my previous post on this thread I have done exactly what you have mentioned already.

I have ticked "enable contacts auto-complete" in settings and when I am logged into webmail and go to contacts on the left hand side and choose "auto complete" no address I have previously sent emails to are saved there. @gg30340 also confirmed he is having the same problem so this is not just a issue for my self only it is a UI issue please can you check this.

Also please can you confirm does there trash folder in the new BT mail automatically empty's every 30 days as @gg30340 conformed as I need to be sure because I read somewhere else it empty's every 7 days please confirm thanks again.
0 Ratings
PaddyB
Message 9 of 15

Hi @Anonymous,

Thank you for posting and for raising this will us, we'll pass this back to the email team and we'll let you know.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 10 of 15

Hi @PaddyB,

Thanks for the response. Please can you confirm my first question at least how often does the trash folder get emptied in the new BT mail I was told 30 days but I saw somewhere on another thread I cant remember where it said 7 days please can you just confirm this thanks.
0 Ratings